Thread: 07 optimax question

Default 07 optimax question

Sorry I don't have a pic of it on me. I have twin 2007 115 optimax motors on my CC.. Well back when all the flooding was going on I was out of state and had a friend trim the motors up and pick up my lift for me so it wouldn't float off. Recently went to the marina to check on everything and the port motor has a hose hanging out of the foot. It goes from the foot in to the mid section on the starboard. It's about the size of a gas hose and has a nipple on the end but no hole in it. The end in the foot is attached. The end that fell out came out of midsection. What is it, should I be alarmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Sorry I don't have a pic of it on me. I have twin 2007 115 optimax motors on my CC.. Well back when all the flooding was going on I was out of state and had a friend trim the motors up and pick up my lift for me so it wouldn't float off. Recently went to the marina to check on everything and the port motor has a hose hanging out of the foot. It goes from the foot in to the mid section on the starboard. It's about the size of a gas hose and has a nipple on the end but no hole in it. The end in the foot is attached. The end that fell out came out of midsection. What is it, should I be alarmed?
    its always been there you just haven't noticed it

Hanging and the other one isn't? It hasn't always been like that. I just wanna know what it is

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Hanging and the other one isn't? It hasn't always been like that. I just wanna know what it is
    Im no mechanic but I have seen them on motors before.

I understand. I'm just saying. It has a purpose and want to know what that is since it has come detached. The other one is in tight.

It might be for the speedo
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Might be the water tube for an old school speedometer, though garden hose size sounds a little big for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    Might be the water tube for an old school speedometer, though garden hose size sounds a little big for that.

Gas hose size

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    It might be for the speedo

I can deal with that

I've got it on mine. Dont freak out.

Dunno what it does.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

sounds like the Speedometer

It wasn't a optimax but I had a 97 40 merc that had a hose like that hanging out it ran fine up till I sold it and still runs strong for the guy I sold it to.

Both motors come with a speedo pitot tube since they are both standard rotation. It's usually coiled up and tied to the shift rod with a wire tie. Do not cut it off or you will be spraying water everywhere. Just tie it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.