Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Tag Proposal

That is a good question I can't tell either.

Historically the DNR has controlled the doe harvest, this will place legislators in charge of setting anterless limits which would require another bill to revise.

Idiots

(2)(a) With the purchase of a South Carolina hunting license and a big game permit, a resident shall be issued eight date-specific individual anterless deer tags which are valid only on specified days and three unrestricted individual antlered deer tags. Persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees may receive these tags upon request to the department. Residents, including persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees also may purchase:

Looking at this it appears if if the tags are only valid on the date specified on them. So that would lead me to believe there will be prescribed days for harvest? 3 in GZ1 & 8 in the rest. That kind of defeats the purpose of doe tags doesn't it? Why not just have doe days and not issue doe tags?

This is a cluster mess.

Default Deer Tag Proposal

They pass this and I'll go on a killing spree the likes of which Edgefield and Saluda counties haven't seen since my late teens and early twenties........

My give a damn has officially busted.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 02-13-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Good idea. Once the disability crowd had to reap the same benefits of neighbors unbridled slaughter they would be back begging for limits. The outcry would be the same as the revoking WIC and EBT cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    (2)(a) With the purchase of a South Carolina hunting license and a big game permit, a resident shall be issued eight date-specific individual anterless deer tags which are valid only on specified days and three unrestricted individual antlered deer tags. Persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees may receive these tags upon request to the department. Residents, including persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees also may purchase:

Looking at this it appears if if the tags are only valid on the date specified on them. So that would lead me to believe there will be prescribed days for harvest? 3 in GZ1 & 8 in the rest. That kind of defeats the purpose of doe tags doesn't it? Why not just have doe days and not issue doe tags?

This is a cluster mess.
    Yeah, the doe tag date thing is a mess. It only sets a minimum, but doesnt even hint at an upper limit. Seems like just having doe days would be more efficient if thats what they want.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I know one thing, no sensible man or woman can look at this and say, "yeah that's good. I will support it."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I like the changes. It's a lot better than that other crap Ruth and his boys came up with. I've know about these changes for 3 weeks. It's not exactly what I wanted but a lot better than the original bullshit proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Legislators trying to please everyone or introducing idiocy to stop a sensible bill.
    What's wrong? You mad? Haha

Did you miss the buck limit part? That is a start, the doe limit is what I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Did you miss the buck limit part? That is a start, the doe limit is what I do not like.
    Yes I know the whole bill..... Like I said I've know about this for 3 weeks. I just sat back and waited till you all found out about it and got in here and started complaining about it. Haha

Well congrats then.

Listen, yes I'm being a smart ass and probably shouldn't. Do I really like this bill.... No but I feel like it's better than the original. I think it's a compromise for what both parties wanted. I think there is things in there both parties can be happy with. It's more common ground then the drastic change Ruth wanted.

The difference is 1 more buck but added antler restrictions and 4 more does with deer research being defunded is the revision. The only win I can see for those opposed is the claim it's not a DNR bill and ISIS leader Charles Ruth.

This proposal is worse than what we have now.......which is no management.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The House will pass this bill, the Senate passed their version. Hopefully there will be a special committee to iron out the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Yes I know the whole bill..... Like I said I've know about this for 3 weeks. I just sat back and waited till you all found out about it and got in here and started complaining about it. Haha

Congrats, you want a cookie or something?You must be butt buddies with one of the dumbasses that sponsored it.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

According to what I was told you do not have to include the bucks in the quota program where Ruth has control of it. The quota program will go on as normal with the buck limit being on each person instead of the club or piece of land. And yes I think Ruth is an idiot!!!!!! I've never heard the man say a word I agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Congrats, you want a cookie or something?You must be butt buddies with one of the dumbasses that sponsored it.......
    No just friends with my rep. Like I said I was being a smart ass and shouldn't have. Like I said I think it's a pretty good comprimise

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    According to what I was told you do not have to include the bucks in the quota program where Ruth has control of it. The quota program will go on as normal with the buck limit being on each person instead of the club or piece of land. And yes I think Ruth is an idiot!!!!!! I've never heard the man say a word I agreed with.
    Negative ghost rider,

"(B)* * The bag limit for deer taken on property with a Deer Quota Program permit shall be set by the department."