Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf geeks

Default Golf geeks

Are any of these golf balls worth a shit? I find this many ever time I cut this yard in charwood. No hitting mofos should take up tennis.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 02-01-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Those would be "water balls." Those are what you swap out your proV's for when hitting over a water hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Those would be "water balls." Those are what you swap out your proV's for when hitting over a water hazard.
    Ye of little faith!

If it's not a proV1 its crap
    Windows Down!

They are all crap. With that said. I'll take em!

Decent balls other than the Top Flite....those things are like hitting rocks
    "I'm the type of person that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, Aww shit....he's up"

HRCH Shakin' The Southland Shelby MH

Most of us most likely aren't good enough golfers to value the difference with a ProV1 ball, and with that being said, 'coot nasty', I'd be glad to take all the Nike, Callaway, ProV1, and Titleist '1' (red or black) balls with no visible damage you can round up.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I will never have to buy a golf ball as long as there is a course in the backyard. Have a bucket full that I have picked up in the yard. Lot of junk balls but find some good ones also.

I occasionally get to play and go spray them other places for folks to find.

Was playing a tournament in Legends last year when an old guy hollered out of the bushes - turned to see him standing in the edge of his yard holding up a grocery bag about half full of balls. Said he collects them all year and passes them out to every group at this tournament each year. There were probably 25-30 balls in that bag and he had at least 20 of those bags sitting around his folding chair in the corner of his yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Was playing a tournament in Legends last year when an old guy hollered out of the bushes - turned to see him standing in the edge of his yard holding up a grocery bag about half full of balls. Said he collects them all year and passes them out to every group at this tournament each year. There were probably 25-30 balls in that bag and he had at least 20 of those bags sitting around his folding chair in the corner of his yard.
    My FIL used to live on the 7th fairway at Sea Gull GC in Pawleys Island. He ended up with a whole garage wall of containers of separated golf balls, of which I had my pick. Unfortunately he no longer lives there as he died in 2014. I've still got plenty, but with the balls losing 5-10% of their resilience over time I need to turn my inventory over to newer balls.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

My six year old loves to snake the hell out of them with his bat. I will start saving them and passing them around the site.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

As a kid we usto take my buddies little 16ft scout and anchor in the cove right before the green on 18 at timberlake. Water is anywhere from 6-10ft deep and almost everybody tries to reach it in 2. We would get 100-300 balls every other weekend. Once we got em all we would sit on the swim platform and watch people plunk em in the cove, wait till they were at the waters edge and dive for it, find it and if they were cool, give it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    I will never have to buy a golf ball as long as there is a course in the backyard. Have a bucket full that I have picked up in the yard. Lot of junk balls but find some good ones also.
    as you know I grew up on that course you live on. a group of us kids used to wade the ponds at night and load up. would do it once or twice a summer. croaker sacks full of balls. would wash them down and sell them back in parking lot.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    As a kid we usto take my buddies little 16ft scout and anchor in the cove right before the green on 18 at timberlake. Water is anywhere from 6-10ft deep and almost everybody tries to reach it in 2. We would get 100-300 balls every other weekend. Once we got em all we would sit on the swim platform and watch people plunk em in the cove, wait till they were at the waters edge and dive for it, find it and if they were cool, give it back.
    I was playing in some scjga thing there when I was around 14. I ended up with a weird yardage coming in, there weren't rescue clubs, or wild like that back then. Heck, remember balatas. I flung a ball with a 3wood into that green that I still dream about.

Hey G

balatas would dig

Yo, Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I was playing in some scjga thing there when I was around 14. I ended up with a weird yardage coming in, there weren't rescue clubs, or wild like that back then. Heck, remember balatas. I flung a ball with a 3wood into that green that I still dream about.

I have made the same shot. Did it 3 months ago with a 4iron

Unfortunately I have more in the water than I do on the green over the past 20 years playing that course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    balatas would dig
    I sure could render one useless on a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I sure could render one useless on a bad day.
    a balata, blades, and a case of the strong under hand....hello smilie faces