Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic "Old School" Anything...

Bet you could fill up a dump truck with the number of mallards killed in the hole in Cat's pic... Damn right.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Always have old Filson strap vest. Still trying to figure up a safe load for my old winchester 1897 pump gun for ducks. Right now it is a dove murderer. Do original bottomland and trebark remington shotguns circa early 90's count? Or what about all the original mossy oak clothes from late 80's early 90's?
    Oh my!
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Nice leopard skin waders
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Not trebark BRR. Bottomland.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Given the 1985 date, I'm hunting with a classic/antique right hip and right elbow and back. Does any of that count?
    Haha...yeah that'll do!

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    Not trebark BRR. Bottomland.
    No brit I didn't take a pic of the trebark. Not sure these guys can handle it.

I wish we could still use these for ducks.

I keep my father's "ole red shirt", his old Filson quail vest, his 311a with mod/mod chokes and a 32year old green Duofold with an embroidered wood duck on it hanging in my closet and still wear them and hunt with them every chance I get.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I wear my grandpa's old Army issued winter hat with the ear flaps, when I'm on a cold hunting trip. That hat has been to Iceland, and throughout Europe during his 3 years in WWII. Said it kept his head warm during Battle of the Bulge. When I went to St. Paul Island, Alaska for King Eiders, between my travels and my grandpa's, the old hat had literally been halfway around the world.

I also wear his old brown camo jacket and his old upland game bird vest.

I shoot a 20+ year old Winchester 1300 20 gauge that my dad bought for dove hunting, but later gave to me after he quit dove hunting. If not that I'll shoot either my grandpa's 12 or 20 gauge 1100's.

I always have a piece of my grandpa with me when I hunt. His love of hunting passed down to my dad, and they both passed it on to me. Don't ever forget where you came from.
    I shoot an 1100 my grandfather gave me when I was 12 brand new for Christmas. My son shoots a 20 gauge 1100 that was my grandfather's. I can't make myself buy a new age shotgun.

Along with all those old joints and body parts I do have an old Belgium A5 my grandfather gave me about a year before we all found out he had cancer. I've hunted with it once. Looking back I think he knew he was dying and he wanted to make sure he gave certain things to the people he wanted to have them.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

You know, I like 1100's because that's what my Grandfather and Father used but I shot a little old 20g A5 a few months ago and really liked the balance. May need to add one of these to the collection before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    You know, I like 1100's because that's what my Grandfather and Father used but I shot a little old 20g A5 a few months ago and really liked the balance. May need to add one of these to the collection before long.
    Better have some deep pockets
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

1978 Super X Model 1 I've been shooting for about 20 years that my father bought in the early 80's used.
    DuxBak briar shirt I wore when I was younger (no longer fits) waiting on my daughter to grow into.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    No brit I didn't take a pic of the trebark. Not sure these guys can handle it.

Please don't. I will hammer you with trade offers.

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post

Keep that thing for a few years and ill buy it for my little girl. Half tempted to sell my m1 20 and buy it

This was the first bird I killed with one of my Dad's 1100s after he died. It's not the oldest or rarest of his guns but it was the first one I was able to pull from the safe and hunt with after he passed.

If I knew how to post pics I would blow yall's young ass mind with the stuff I still own. Except for CatDaddy, Hs and a few others. Phoneman included.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    If I knew how to post pics I would blow yall's young ass mind with the stuff I still own. Except for CatDaddy, Hs and a few others. Phoneman included.

Email them to me old fart.