Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cormorants

Default cormorants

Will there be a cormorant season on the santee this year????
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 01-05-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Need one on Murray Now.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

God help them if there is. There's going to be a lot of blood thirsty rednecks with a still itchy trigger finger come February.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    God help them if there is. There's going to be a lot of blood thirsty rednecks with a still itchy trigger finger come February.
    And the problem with this is............?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    And the problem with this is............?
    Not a damn thing. I'm just saying that the competition and urge to renegade for them may be even steeper than for ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    and wateree
    and lake wateree

Default cormorants

I'f they do another one it I'm sure it will be like last year, returning participants only. We didn't hear about it until late January last year and that was by mail. I doubt there will be much advertisement
    Last edited by Gone South; 01-05-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Need one on Murray Now.

I've seen more loons than rants on Murray this year. Like rafts of 50loons, I'm usually used to seeing only groups of 3 or 4

I THOUGHT I read that the permit was good thru 2016, but not positive. I've participated both years, and will again this year, if it continues.

Honestly, I think it went very well last year, with just the group from the first year. No youtube posts, pics, that I heard of, which is the way it needs to be done, if it's to continue.

I think the striper fishing this past year, is a direct reflection of our efforts. Better than I've seen in many moons on Santee.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    and wateree
    and russell, clarks hill hell all lakes could do better with a few less, maybe a lot less.

I hope so!

Only seen a few on Moultrie but I'm sure the weather has effected their migration same as the ducks. But I am loaded up on 10ga loads just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I was told it will happen again this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    I've seen more loons than rants on Murray this year. Like rafts of 50loons, I'm usually used to seeing only groups of 3 or 4
    Come on up the lake where us poor people live. We got um
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Would be nice to open it up statewide. I could have killed 50 at the beach on Sunday.

I see 2-10 on a regular basis on our pond in Spartanburg county now. I agree about the statewide season
    rip Dakota

I don't know about yall but I am ready. Just bought another dozen to add to my late season spread.

Item# FLFO1301 31" Upright Cormorant Collapsible FloaterThe new, soft plastic material “Sportgum” that is used to manufacture these decoys allows you to collapse the decoys, which reduces their volume for easier transportation or storage. The decoys come with a belt to hold the collapsed decoys deflated.
    You can also adjust the amount of air in these decoys to make them ride higher or lower in the water to achieve the most “natural” look. The decoys come with a simple screw cap to make it easy to adjust the amount of air in the decoys or to collapse them for storage.

$29.99 Ea.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    I don't know about yall but I am ready. Just bought another dozen to add to my late season spread.

Item# FLFO1301 31" Upright Cormorant Collapsible FloaterThe new, soft plastic material “Sportgum” that is used to manufacture these decoys allows you to collapse the decoys, which reduces their volume for easier transportation or storage. The decoys come with a belt to hold the collapsed decoys deflated.
    You can also adjust the amount of air in these decoys to make them ride higher or lower in the water to achieve the most “natural” look. The decoys come with a simple screw cap to make it easy to adjust the amount of air in the decoys or to collapse them for storage.

$29.99 Ea.
    they work your dekes nice....
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Is my crew ready? wgodwin,phoneman,goincoastal,gatorsc,santee11? I know I am
    Last edited by HARDCOREFOWLER; 01-11-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Quote Originally Posted by HARDCOREFOWLER View Post
    Is my crew ready? wgodwin,phoneman,goincostal,gatorsc? I know I am
    My asshole crew "forgot" to send in their paperwork...