Thread: Tonights Debate

Default Tonights Debate

I am a Conservative. Probably more than most people reading this post, even if you think you are. I love Politics and have studied it very close for at least the last 8 years. Let me give you my perspective on this next election.

We are screwed.

Looking back it is very easy to see how BHO won. The DNC organized and ran like a business. Whether I (or you) like it or not. They put up a solidified front. The vote that most of you and I will pursue is not what wins elections. The elections are decided on the backs of single issue voters. These single issue voters far outweigh the people who A: Care and B: follow politics close enough to know better. The DNC "disappeared" before BHO was announced. They were pulled to an executive Session where they were told to play nice and who would eventually go where. This was when Obama and Biden won the nod and Hillary was to take over as SoS for playing nice. NONE of these candidates were qualified. They ran the campaign targeting single issue voters and laid out a great marketing plan to achieve it. Go back and think about it. LGBT, Guns, Racism, Religious Freedom, Etc,. All single issues that will individually appeal to the different segments of the masses. When melted together, they formed a substantial voting base. Even knowing that many of them didn't support each others cause - they united. These unity had a common enemy: the "stuffy old white guy" mentality of the GOP.

They launched a simplistic campaign. Any marketing folks out there? Tell me about that logo. The sweeping lines, the "O" which was a play on his last name for "brand recognition" as well as representing a symbol of unity. The Red and Blue symbolized patriotism and it also catches the eye. Then the single marketing phrase: "Hope and Change". To me, he never answered a question and would always eloquently revert back to his uniform messages. Always referring to his slogan. An effort by the Democratic party was later revealed to show there was a lot of research in analyzing the black vote. Before BHO, Blacks and some Hispanics voted for Republicans. primarily because they share with many of the Republican conservative values. They took a gamble and thought at the time, with a tattered but fairly strong Bush Administration that introducing the first black President would sway those votes. it did in the neighborhood of about 85% which ultimately lost the race.
    As for the 3 ring circus we just witnessed tonight, we are screwed. As a party and a country. I was literally ashamed at the antics these guys are pulling. So lets look at it.

I think Trump is saying what we all want to say but that mentality (unfortunately) will not carry the masses. See above.

Lindsey is a Democrat.

Cruz has somewhat of a chance unless Trump or Rubio plays ugly and splits the party which will kill the moderate opinion.

Carly has got to go.

Jeb is a laughing stock and out of 300 million people we can't find someone other than a Bush for President?

Rubio has the best chance in my opinion BUT again, Trump gets pissed with his 35% and pulls them away, we are done.

Meanwhile, if you notice, the Democrats are laying back somewhat playing nice. Appealing to the one issue voters and will in short order, get together and create a very simple campaign with a unified message that appeases the masses. All this why the RNC continues to prance around on stage and act like a group of babies fighting over a pacifier...
    Last edited by crackshot; 12-16-2015 at 01:38 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

your opinion on Rand??
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

It's simple......if you don't win Ohio and Florida, you lose.

Rubio can do that.

Women voters? He will get them, including the moderates.

Not sure about any of the rest.

Trump looked unqualified and shallow on the issues last night.....but as usual, he left claiming he did the best. His followers won't see it. It's sad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-16-2015 at 07:46 AM.

its not good
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Rubio has the best chance due to being from Florida and attracting Latinos.

Cruz has the best positions but I wonder if he can win purple states. He is the best to explain conservatism.

Fiorino is the best looking on stage, unfortunately she acts like an ex-wife.

Trump has excited the government haters but has turned off way too many groups with his bluntness.

Bush is dead man walking.

Rand has no chance.

The honorable mentions need to bow out. Debates should be cut to the five highest poll winners.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Two things.

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    We are screwed........................................... ..........

........Before BHO, Blacks and some Hispanics voted for Republicans. primarily because they share with many of the Republican conservative values.
    Yes we are. And where did you come up with that last tidbit? Maybe the Hispanics but African Americans have historically voted democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

And always pray for rain on election day.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

We are screwed because Rand "has no chance", and the guy who claims to be more conservative than most on this board doesnt mention him.

Trump is a fucking joke, and his presence in the outcome in this election signifies why we will be serving comrade hillary.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Two things.

Yes we are. And where did you come up with that last tidbit? Maybe the Hispanics but African Americans have historically voted democrat.
    Martin Luther King was a Republican. The Whites in the South were always Democrats until LBJ tried to give the Country away. There was a big flip-flop in the 1960's.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Martin Luther King was a Republican. The Whites in the South were always Democrats until LBJ tried to give the Country away. There was a big flip-flop in the 1960's.
    Professor
    I'm aware of that. OP said he had been following politics for the last eight years. African Americans have been voting democrat before that was my point. They didn't just start voting democrat because of Obama.

It was in response to the 2004 election. Yes, they identify as Democrats however based on research:

"Of particular interest to both Republicans and Democrats is the growing bloc of voters not tied to either party. According to a 2002 survey by the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, 63 percent of African-American voters consider themselves Democrats, while 24 percent call themselves independents; only 10 percent call themselves Republicans"

Some of the "independants" swung Repunblican on certain issues. There is a negative stigma in the black community towards the "white mans party" however many disagree with the same things Republicans do. Especially on LGBT rights. It was noted that up to 10 - 12% voted for Bush. That hurts when you make up 15- 17% of the total voting population.

I found this too:

"Exit polls are showing that overwhelming majorities of Latino and Asian American voters - more than 70 percent of each group - voted to re-elect President Barack Obama on Tuesday. Together with black voters, who reportedly supported Obama in even higher proportions, these voters of color are credited with carrying key states for Obama and ultimately assuring his victory over Republican challenger Mitt Romney."

Poll numbers from previous electtions:

TOTAL

White Men (36%)
    62%
    White Women (41%)
    55%
    Non-White Men (10%)
    30%
    Non-White Women (12%)
    24%

The number below is the percentage of the whole that voted for Bush. So statisctically 54% of non-whites which made up of 22% of the total vote swung Republican in the 2004 election. Thanks for the catch. I should have said "non-whites".

This slices and dices it pretty well: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag.../epolls.0.html
    Last edited by crackshot; 12-17-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    It's simple......if you don't win Ohio and Florida, you lose.

Rubio can do that.

Women voters? He will get them, including the moderates.

Not sure about any of the rest.

Trump looked unqualified and shallow on the issues last night.....but as usual, he left claiming he did the best. His followers won't see it. It's sad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    We are screwed because Rand "has no chance", and the guy who claims to be more conservative than most on this board doesnt mention him.

Trump is a fucking joke, and his presence in the outcome in this election signifies why we will be serving comrade hillary.
    And this...