Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointing labs

Did have occasion to hunt over a small young female GSP. She was great in the field ,full of energy even on a warm day. How are they as a water dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    Did have occasion to hunt over a small young female GSP. She was great in the field ,full of energy even on a warm day. How are they as a water dog?
    Find a versatile breeder and you're golden. One of my friends here has one that scored 112 prize 1 on his natural ability test. It's a beast of a dog

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    I would like to revisit this subject. I'm using this thread as I've been unable to start a new thread since the update. I've been hunting over my buddies DD on game farm Quail for several years now. We use her to point and one of my Labs to flush. She's getting old now, looking to give her a break. That DD is a damn hardheaded dog with poor blind manors. That brings me to the subject of the pointing lab. I work my dogs at towers shoots when I can to get them some work. One of the fellows breed his bitch with a pointing Lab and keep one of the pups. I invited him to come work his dog on our next game farm hunt but he had a prior commitment. New thoughts on this after 10 years
    I have a pointing lab and he is a great dog, can do field work all by his self or in a group, loves the water and waterfowl and couldnt be better with my 16 month old kid. Not to crazy around the house. There is an APLA (American Pointing Lab Association) hunt test this March in NC if your interested in seeing the dogs work. I would be happy to answer anyone other questions or what not

What are the specifics on the trial I may be interested in going.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-15-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Dick Property, Albemarle, NC on March 24, 25 & 26. Can you give us and address.

Ill get an address for you asap

43650 Rummage Road
    Albemarle, NC 28001

Duckcomander has it figured out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton