Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotator Cuff Surgery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Default Rotator Cuff Surgery

Who has had a torn Cuff repaired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

yep. what'cha wanna know?

I can tell you a name if you are in the upstate. Dr. Keith Lonergan at Stedman Hawkins. I would go on TV for that guy.

I have referred 3 coworkers to him and all have been VERY pleased.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    yep. what'cha wanna know?

I can tell you a name if you are in the upstate. Dr. Keith Lonergan at Stedman Hawkins. I would go on TV for that guy.

I have referred 3 coworkers to him and all have been VERY pleased.
    Great surgeon and great guy. Played old man baseball with him for a few years.

I had mine done by McFadden at Moore Orthopaedic. Its the only part of my body that does not hurt now....

Glad I am not an old fart like you....

Are you sure it's torn? I had bad shoulder pain when I lived in Greenville. I went to see a new chiropractor, and he asked if anything else was bothering me. Of course I mentioned my shoulder. He did a few resistance test, told me to turn around on the table, hugged me like a bear and pop... my shoulder was back to normal. Turns out it had been out of place for years... not dislocated, but about 1/2 an inch out of it's normal spot. I go see him any time I'm in Greenville. He is one of the few in SC certified to adjust extremities. Just my .02

no, it's torn

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I think Swamp Rat has had that surgery. I know he was having trouble with his shoulder and it seems like I remember him mentioning having surgery. Of course I'm older than dirt, so my memory may be a wee bit faulty.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I had it done. Mine was completely severed. Dr Green at Midlands did mine and I was pleased with him and the whole staff at Midlands.

The recovery and therapy sucked worse than anything else I can ever remember. I mean, sucked worse than a hungover Stephen Garcia. So just have your mind right when you go into it.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 11-30-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

No tear but had a decompression done a few years ago.

I went to one PT session and realized stacking cups with a bunch of sedentary folks wasn't for me and left. Did my rehab in the gym with resistance bands and kettlebells.

Had a friend have surgery for a torn labrum and partial tear of the supraspinatus about a year ago. He pulled the same trick with PT and is doing well.

The fact that you lift and are in decent shape is good news for your recovery. They're used to workin' on people who are out of shape and have no muscle mass.

You'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Who has had a torn Cuff repaired?
    Wendell holmes at moore ortho

McFadden at Moore has done my rotator cuff 2x's and a distal tendon reattachment as well. I could not speak more highly of him.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    McFadden at Moore has done my rotator cuff 2x's and a distal tendon reattachment as well. I could not speak more highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RWW View Post
    Wendell holmes at moore ortho

I had McFadden, or Dr Mac as his staff used to call him look at my hand, when I snapped a finger at a 90 degree angle. I was told "we'll splint it for 8 weeks and it'll heal fine." Only went there because my ex MIL was his assistant or whatever. That was in 2010. What do you think? Looks great right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billbuster84; 11-30-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    What do you think? Looks great right?
    Uh...no not really. It looks a lot like a penis. Do you pick your nose with that thing?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Uh...no not really. It looks a lot like a penis. Do you pick your nose with that thing?

It won't fit. Haha.

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Billbuster leastways it ain't 90 degrees !
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Stop using such a hard jerk when beating off and give it a rest
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Yes, I've had it. Mine was an arthroscopy. It was done by Midland Ortho, but I can't remember the Dr. I do, however, remember that he was a dick. Does it hurt? You're GD right it does. Are the meds good? Right, again. PT afterwards is rough, but listen to the Dr and don't overdo it...I didn't, and mine didn't heal exactly right. I had a total cuff blowout from a motorcycle wreck, and had to have anchors inserted.
    G

Don't ever trust government. Don't ever trust this sick society. Don't ever trust that law enforcement can protect you when you need it. -Duck Tape

Ill try that squatty. Sound advice

Pm sent