Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Today at Church

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its possible he was there to find Christ.

I dont own a pistol, but if i did, I wouldnt take it to church. I cant imagine a better place to die if God calls my number.

Living in fear is the reason I dont carry. I dont know how you people sleep at night with all the bad people out to get you. Go to church to be around people that follow Christ. Leave your guns and fears at home. If God wants you, your gun aint helping.

my opinion. have a great day,.
    God helps those who help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Carrying in church is all well and good. Some church leadership welcomes it, some don't. Those that don't are often concerned that, in a panicked crowd situation, people with less than complete skill sets will shoot everyone BUT the bad guy. Shooting straight is one thing. Doing it with 50 screaming choir folk running around between you and Achmed is a different beast. Not saying I'm a against church carry, but know your limitations.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 11-29-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Breathing life back into this old thread.

So we had a guy come in church yesterday & freak everyone out. Dressed like a biker carrying a helmet & a brown paper bag. He was acting nervous as a virgin on prom night. A guy in our church & myself went over & talked to him. He seemed bat shit crazy. He started rattling off to us that he just got a gun charge for having a gun in his car on his college campus. After speaking to him, he informed me where he worked but I frequent the place & have never seen him. He also lives 30 minutes away and has no affiliation to our church but our church is right across from the college. He did attend our Sunday school several months ago & was dressed completely different. He actually looked homeless before. We did learn that our "safety team" is lacking for sure. At least no one snoozed yesterday during the sermon.

Ida sat in the choir loft with a deer rifle fixed on him.

Just a few weeks ago we had a homeless guy sleeping on the porch of our fellowship hall. He was found when a few men and the preacher got to church early. They invited him in for coffee and with all his bags in hand he came in. He was invited to stay for service and for the big meal we had planned afterwards. He went into the bathroom and stayed about 30 min when one of our Safety Team members went in to check on him. He was washing up good and seem very grateful and appreciative. He stayed for the service and meal but would never even set his 3 BIG bags down for one second. He seemed legit and even told his story to a few that sat with him during the meal. Our church told him we would like to put him up in the local motel since it was cold at the time for 2 days and he was elated. All was good until he hit on a single lady with a very forward pass and so it was time to take him on to the motel. One of our Safety team men and his wife took him by the motel since it was on their way home and ill be dang if he didn't make a pass at the wife inviting her to stay at the room we just put him up in! Never let your guard down even when a stranger seems legit. A few of us laughed about it when we heard the story when we got back to church that night but sometimes you got to wonder what some people are actually thinking!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Just a few weeks ago we had a homeless guy sleeping on the porch of our fellowship hall. He was found when a few men and the preacher got to church early. They invited him in for coffee and with all his bags in hand he came in. He was invited to stay for service and for the big meal we had planned afterwards. He went into the bathroom and stayed about 30 min when one of our Safety Team members went in to check on him. He was washing up good and seem very grateful and appreciative. He stayed for the service and meal but would never even set his 3 BIG bags down for one second. He seemed legit and even told his story to a few that sat with him during the meal. Our church told him we would like to put him up in the local motel since it was cold at the time for 2 days and he was elated. All was good until he hit on a single lady with a very forward pass and so it was time to take him on to the motel. One of our Safety team men and his wife took him by the motel since it was on their way home and ill be dang if he didn't make a pass at the wife inviting her to stay at the room we just put him up in! Never let your guard down even when a stranger seems legit. A few of us laughed about it when we heard the story when we got back to church that night but sometimes you got to wonder what some people are actually thinking!
    I am all for offering to feed him, let him join in the fellowship, praying with him, and offering to help him find a place to stay. But when he hit on my wife while we were trying to help him, he would have spent those two nights in the hospital.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I am all for offering to feed him, let him join in the fellowship, praying with him, and offering to help him find a place to stay. But when he hit on my wife while we were trying to help him, he would have spent those two nights in the hospital.
    JJ I don't think I could've took that either but hey I'm single now so maybe I shoulda been the one that took him!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

so what's the answer? Seems to me all the bleeding heart liberals in my church want to welcome everyone...until I sit the bum in their pew.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

so what's the answer? Seems to me all the bleeding heart liberals in my church want to welcome everyone...until I sit the bum in their pew.
    Just use the Golden Rule then if they want to act stupid and do something crazy, be man or woman enough to handle the issue with as much couth as the situation allows.

I guarantee this dude had a strutter decoy in his backpack
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

That and some MD 2020

What flavor MD 2020 would be his go-to? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Probably the kind with the built in gun rest......

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    What flavor MD 2020 would be his go-to? Asking for a friend.
    Passion.

Fruit
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

We have so many lasers in our praise stadium that you stay disoriented during the entire show. And if we do suspect someone without the means to make a donation has entered our holy layer, we have our swat team take them out when a smoke machine goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I had two military age males sitting in the cry room at my church out in town about a year ago. They were not praying and participating and if you have ever been to a Catholic mass it is obvious if someone doesn't know the the prayers.

I moved our family to a different and defendable area. Exit signs should be at the top of everyone's list when choosing where to sit anywhere.

God gives me the right to choose and I choose to be armed.
    Exactly god helps those who help themselves.

Truth.

Just like the anti-gun crowd wants to tighten gun laws and prohibit SRO's from carrying. Well, until it's their child in the headlines.

And I don't know the answer about carrying in a church. God IS in control of everything, and the church is COMMANDED to welcome all who wish to enter, but He does also equip us with the means and ability by which to defend ourselves, so it's a tough call.