Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today at Church

Default Today at Church

A man came into my church this morning wearing a hoodie and a backpack. He was asking strange questions and talked with a foreign accent. Some folks got pretty alarmed. No one has ever seen him before. The police came just after the man left. I was keeping a close eye on who was walking in during the service and had my family sitting by the exit door. Not gonna lie kinda spooked me. I know at least 5 folks that were carrying concealed. Time to get my concealed carry I think.

Yea, I'd say its time
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Won't do a lick of good if ol' Muhammed gives one last "allah akbar" and hits detonate on his backpack. Sad day when it would be a good idea for churches to lock their doors during a service.

What kind of questions did he ask?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Hopefully your church has a security team. Ours does. We have a guy in our church who grew up fighting Muslims in Lebanon. He knows their tactics well. He says that they want to recruit Americans because they can "fit in" the society and move about freely without arousing undue interest. He says that they nearly always probe the defenses of potential targets, but it will not likely be obvious. No big surprise about that, other than they fact that it is happening. We are not in the 1970's any more.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    What kind of questions did he ask?

Not sure yet I should know tomorrow when I get a chance to talk to some folks.

I do know he went upstairs where the kids Sunday school classes are.

Why would y'all let him walk freely around and if you had that kind of feeling about him why would he be allowed to go where children are.

i thought yall went to church so you didn't live in fear?
    Windows Down!

They won't come to my church. We have a sign on the door limiting martyrs to no more than one dozen virgins.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Just a thought but it sounds like he was purposefully trying to be noticed. I could be wrong but I think if he were scouting y'all out he would not have been so obvious about it. Please keep us updated with what you find out

Why would you have to get a concealed carry permit in church. Does the pastor frisk you every week?

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    i thought yall went to church so you didn't live in fear?
    I think it is sad you feel the need to post silly comments on every Christian post. If you choose to be a nonbeliever why do you feel the need to put your two cents in on all Christian posts. Different people have explained things to you but you don't believe so you think it is silly.
    Last edited by whitty; 11-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Why would you have to get a concealed carry permit in church. Does the pastor frisk you every week?

(M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:

SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

It's the same as carrying a firearm into a federal building or a post office... It is not allowed unless.

(9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body; or

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Don't get me started on the constitutionality of conceal carry permits. And yes precedent has already been set by the US Supreme Court on requiring a license (permit) or tax (fee) to exercise a Constitutional Right. That said, just carry a gun. What the hell do you think "concealed" mean anyway?

According to the US Supreme Court it is unconstitutional to:

Charge a fee for the exercising of a right (Harper v Virginia Board of Elections 1966)

Require a precondition on the exercising of a right (Guinn v US 1915, Lane v Wilson 1939)

Require a license (government permission) to exercise a right (Murdock v PA 1943, Lowell v City of Griffin 1939, Freedman v MD 1965, Near v MN 1931, Miranda v AZ 1966

As always, the heart of the matter comes late in the text, wherein Douglas writes:

"It is claimed, however, that the ultimate question in determining the constitutionality of this license tax is whether the state has given something for which it can ask a return. That principle has wide applicability. State Tax Commission v. Aldrich, 316 U. S. 174, and cases cited. But it is quite irrelevant here. This tax is not a charge for the enjoyment of a privilege or benefit bestowed by the state."

"If a State does erroneously require a License or Fee for exercise of that Right, the Citizen may Ignore the License and or Fee and exercise the Right with Total Impunity. See Schuttlesworth v. Birmingham 373 U.S 262."

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of this exercise of constitutional rights." Sherer v. Cullen, 481 F 946.

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. US, 230 F 486, at 489.

And no matter what the states may say:

Agostini v. Felton, 521 U.S. 203, 237-238 (1997); State Oil Co. v. Khan, 522 U.S. 3, 20 (1997) - "it is this Court's prerogative alone to overrule one of its precedents."

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no 'rule making' or legislation which would abrogate them." Norton v. Shelby County 118 U.S. 425 (1886)

More from that:

"An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed."

And here's one from McCormick, SC:

FOLLETT v. TOWN OF McCORMICK 1944 - In summary the Court ruled it was unconstitutional to require a license/permit or fee for a citizen to exercise a Right.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 11-22-2015 at 10:41 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Man that's crazy. What church if you don't mind me asking and how big is your congregation?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Man that's crazy. What church if you don't mind me asking and how big is your congregation?
    Life Park in Mt Pleasant

I don't know several 100 I guess

I'm with mergie. Try and remember that laws are often written by dipshits in glitter jeans.

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

PM, sent.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Why would y'all let him walk freely around and if you had that kind of feeling about him why would he be allowed to go where children are.
    Same thing i thought, if my daughter had been up there i would have been on his heels.