Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 9mm vs .40 vs .45

When its all said and done, and WWlll is upon us, there will be 2 bullets to choose from. .45 and 9mm. Why? Because they are NATO rounds. Kind of like 5.56 and 7.62. Remington makes a subsonic home defense round in 9mm that is supposed to not shoot straight through, so as to do more damage. But I can't tell a difference through paper. Looking for someone to volunteer to stand im front of me to test the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    I stand corrected. Never heard of it called that but it makes perfect sense. I love steel. The pro-am stuff has been fun as well.
    You shoot the pro-am in S'burg last month?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Yes sir. Had a OK run at over 70ish or so plates if I remember. I looked on Practiscore and couldn't find the results again to be sure. My goal was 100 but maybe next time. It was the first time playing that game. Had a gun hiccup on stage 1 or could have picked up a few more. It's a different experience for sure. I shot the SC State Steel Match in October as well. They put on a great contest and had about 80ish shooters.
    Last edited by crackshot; 12-01-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Just carry one of each
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

SPSA posts results to their website.http://www.shootspsa.org/
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 12-01-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I thought for some reason it was on Practiscore. I found them after I posted that. The March match was there. I looked on SPSA and found it an PM'd Mobetter. I guess you would call that and Spartanburg Gun Club my home ranges...

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    SPSA posts results to their website.http://www.shootspsa.org/
    Are you a local guy? Do you shoot at SPSA a good bit?

I live in upstate and I have shot at SPSA. I am not a regular there, I wish I could go but the last handful of months I just keep missing their matches. They canceled both USPSA matches last month due to weather. I got into an open class gun about 5-6 months ago and have been shooting on the reg so I am just getting use to the gun. I have shot a hand full of matches in open all in the NC section.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I just built a Timberwolf open gun and have been adjusting to it. The grip angle is identical to a 1911 so it wasn't as harsh as going from a 1911 straight to a Glock. I'm still faster or as fast (which is bad too) with the 1911 iron sight than I am with it. people don't realize how difficult it is to transition to different platforms if you shot a lot. Most competitive shooting is based on muscle memory. I'd like my next purchase to be a 2011, preferably the Steelmaster by STI but I don't want to drop that change on it right now.
    Last edited by crackshot; 12-01-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Mobetter - small, small world dude...

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    I live in upstate and I have shot at SPSA. I am not a regular there, I wish I could go but the last handful of months I just keep missing their matches. They canceled both USPSA matches last month due to weather. I got into an open class gun about 5-6 months ago and have been shooting on the reg so I am just getting use to the gun. I have shot a hand full of matches in open all in the NC section.
    They dumped a USPSA match on top of the SC match Saturday at one point due to weather. Should be good this month. I'm going to try and hit SC 2 matches a month from here on out. I'd like to go to Florida if the World Shoot is there again.

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    Mobetter - small, small world dude...

No doubt!
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff