Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John deere restoration project

Brian Kelly. From Ila, GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Hell of a woman right there!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Pretty girl and look forward to seeing pics of the tractor restoration.

That's a neat tractor!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

tapatalk has not allowed me to post pictures, and figuring out photobucket is way above my pay grade. We have released the choke, and the starter. We drained all the radiator fluid out which seems to have been in there for quite awhile. 1 cylinder is completely free, the 2nd one the pb blaster/diesel fuel is eating away at it. The fly wheel is beginning to move. It shouldn't be long and she will fire up. Then we will start the sanding, painting, and all that fun stuff
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Been awhile since I updated. Got it to a friend's shop today and breaking it down. Having to send block and head to get some machine work on them, then it should be ready to roll. The first cylinder was froze solid. As you'll see. We hooked it to a belt and pulled it and it wouldn't budge. Had to use a 40 ton press to unfreeze it.
    received_1393618924042338.jpgreceived_1393618934042337.jpgreceived_1393619120708985.jpgreceived_1393619024042328.jpgreceived_1393619054042325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Blocks all done, everything is almost ready. Have engine and head studs on the way then it'll be back together and rolling

Today she finally ran for the first time in God knows how long. Now she goes to get cleaned real good and prepped for paint.

Awesome
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I have video but zero idea how to post on tapatalk

Great project!

Great project that you both can treasure. Enjoy Scott, hunting heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Great project that you both can treasure. Enjoy Scott, hunting heaven.
    Minus the communist state of Illinois it isn't to bad

Neat project! BJ

Come along way the past few weeks. Should be all done come July

Looking good
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Cool thread!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Cool thread!
    This. Very cool

I love it! Threads like this make me grin!