Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John deere restoration project

Default John deere restoration project

The wife and I picked up this 1951 John deere G at an auction for a restoration project. We got some wierd looks pulling onto base and pushing it in our garage. One cylinder is locked up, but it's all original from 1951. We're hoping to put it in antique tractor pulls after repainting it and getting it going.
    uploadfromtaptalk1446559106432.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1446559117926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

You doing the work yourself? My cousin has restored quite a few of them. He has about every 2 cylinder JD made.

My wife is teaching me. She has almost every letter series back in Georgia. She used to show them before she married me. She was number 1 in georgia in the mechanical division and is in the tractor showing hall of fame. But yes we will be doing it together

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

uploadfromtaptalk1446559644481.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    My wife is teaching me. She has almost every letter series back in Georgia. She used to show them before she married me. She was number 1 in georgia in the mechanical division and is in the tractor showing hall of fame. But yes we will be doing it together

Dude - that is awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Having your wife show you how to restore a tractor is cool.

Make sure to update your thread or create a new build thread., sounds like fun.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 11-03-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Dude - that is awesome!!!
    I out kicked my coverage in many ways. She's beautiful and can listen to them run and fix them in no time

Farmer Dale! That's pretty cool!

She wears camo and can work on tractors.
    Quite the combination.
    If y'all ever get divorced will you give me her number?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

post of the day!....looking forward to the updates

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    She wears camo and can work on tractors.
    Quite the combination.
    If y'all ever get divorced will you give me her number?
    I will and wish you good luck. I have to sleep with 1 eye open! Lol

Your last name isn't Douglass is it?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Your last name isn't Douglass is it?
    No phillips

Keep us updated on the progress. Love these threads

Great project. I look forward to seeing yalls progress.

uploadfromtaptalk1446566021406.jpg

This is her show G and the MT in the back het and her brother rebuilt from the ground up

That's awesome Samuel. Are you back in SC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    That's awesome Samuel. Are you back in SC yet?
    I wish, stuck in Illinois for atleast 2.5 years. Unless I get out eqrly. No telling yet

She wasn't a Kelly was she? Got a good buddy in NE GA, that is big into the restores of old Deere equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    She wasn't a Kelly was she? Got a good buddy in NE GA, that is big into the restores of old Deere equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An Adams from augusta. Who's the buddy? They probably know him