Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone regret a lift kit on their truck?

Default Anyone regret a lift kit on their truck?

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a lift for my 15' tundra.

Sky's the limit with offerings, but my budget is going to be my guide. I will however hold off if my budget puts me in shady territory. Never had so much as a torsion bar cranked before but always wanted a lift.

Looking at 3-5" no more than 35-12.50 maybe just a hair smaller. Anyone else daily drive with 35's?? I know my mpg will suffer, luckily I take back roads to work with little stoping.

No regrets. I do miss the better fuel mileage and the tuning radius. And some car washes you will not fit into either.

Never had a true lift, but if you're worried much, just put a leveling kit and 33's on it. Thats what I have and I don't want more. I do drive 90++ miles a day though.
    Go Tigers!!!

Drove a tacoma on 35's 80-100 miles a day for 6 years. Was mostly highway driving so my milage didnt suffer to much. Soon as i buy a new car for driving back and forth to work my F150 will be getting 35's. All i use it for is hunting, fishing and church on sunday. The milage sucks on that thing anyway.

Don't regret the 3.5 lift on my 2012 silverado. Miss the gas mileage but other than that nope.

I have a leveling kit on my '14 tundra. I fit 35's and don't regret it. I knew the truck had rough mileage and was not going to be great.

Ive done lots of research for tundras...get at 3" toytec lift and throw your 35x12.5x20s or 295/70/18s on. Look for a +18 to 25 offset on your wheels

Torn between the OME 614 full kit or just saying screw it and do a zone 5". Prob with zone is it requires cross member cutting and can no longer put factory wheels on. Might be a problem if I have a flat and have to break out the spare!!

Other problem is making this hideous bumper not look so awful. Kinda jumped the gun on it. Co worker backed into me 3 weeks after buying it. Should of just had it replaced.

I am wanting to do more than my 2" leveling kit on my '14 Sierra. I am contemplating the same thing.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

The 3.5" kit KRT has been putting on the Chevys is perfect look IMO
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

3.5" is too small

Hmmm...going to have to go pretty big to make that bumper look better. Before I saw the pic I was going to state that I personally really prefer a mild lift fitted with stock rims and slightly more wide but taller tires. Sometimes spacers are needed to get the right look for me (i.e., 2006 - 2009 4runners need spacers to look right to me). Good luck...I'd sell that bumper and start over if it were me.

This is with a 3 inch leveling kit.

And just a little squat loaded down. Wish I went higher in the back.

Last edited by TJ_11; 10-28-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Better picture.

I got the 3.5 from KRT.

Looks right in my opinion and glad I did not go bigger……….bigger looks red-neck-e.

No regrets.

2" leveling kit on my '10 Z71. It clears 33x12.5s and didn't affect my mileage too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post

And just a little squat loaded down. Wish I went higher in the back.

Air bags will fix that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Air bags will fix that problem.

That's the plan when the next boat purchase comes. Had the set up ready to buy for my dodge but I decided on a new truck.

Jeg's has the Airlift at a great price + $50.00 rebate, 45 minute install. Great upgrade.
    Last edited by Wing Nut; 10-28-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

I'm getting 35's put on next week. I'm hoping the 1mpg loss that I read about will be accurate. Much more than that, and I'll probably regret the decision.

Posted with GS5 smartphone equipped with a dumb keyboard.