Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GoFundMe pages

One "thought" I have is that when your neighbor gets devastated by tragedy, it motivates you to be more thoughtful about things that you don't normally take the time to "think" about. Some call that getting emotional, but being motivated to be more "thoughtful" might be a better way to think about it.

You think?
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 10-15-2015 at 08:38 AM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I just think its good to THINK every now and then. I have seen some serious problems in my area. SERIOUS problems.

Talking to my family at dinner last night. After we blessed the food and prayed to God about how fortunate we were, we talked about what else we could to do help our neighbors. I told the boys I had a $1000 and wanted to know how to best use it.

(For those that cant comprehend my point, pay attention, because I think my 14yr olds get it better than you.)

One boy said "Dad....$1000 will go a long way towards getting a needy family a car, but our friends have that kind of money, so dont give it to them."

My wife took it another step and said "I bet $10000 would furnish some of these smaller homes while someone in the million dollar home could barely buy an oriental rug for that."

It seems that the ultra rich gofundme pages could donate their "earnings" and make a much bigger impact on someone else's lives.

Here endeth the lesson.

They definitely get it (your boys). Most people that have gone to 3rd world countries on missions understand it (probably forget it quickly, but understood). Spending time in a gypsy village in Romania, or tent villages in the philippines is an eye opener.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    One "thought" I have is that when your neighbor gets devastated by tragedy, it motivates you to be more thoughtful about things that you don't normally take the time to "think" about. Some call that getting emotional, but being motivated to be more "thoughtful" might be a better way to think about it.

You think?
    thats what I was waiting for from you...but I'm not biting. My neighbor's destruction did not change my outlook.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats what I was waiting for from you...but I'm not biting. My neighbor's destruction did not change my outlook.
    We can rassle when times are better.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead