Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orangeburg Tag meeting

Default Orangeburg Tag meeting

Who is going tonight?

I thought about it, then I realized I could go kill a deer tonight instead of listen to idiots argue about them..........

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I thought about it, then I realized I could go kill a deer tonight instead of listen to idiots argue about them..........
    good call

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post

Same here, just got a call from some of my buddies that are going........I'm gonna hold down my little vector this evening.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Tell them you want 2 buck tags, 4 doe tags, and 2 either sex.

I don't eat horns
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Tell them you want 2 buck tags, 4 doe tags, and 2 either sex.

I don't eat horns
    Since when is eating a big factor in a blood sport?

Sure it's a plus, but I don't kill deer to eat them..

I kill them because it is who I am..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Since when is eating a big factor in a blood sport?

Sure it's a plus, but I don't kill deer to eat them..

I kill them because it is who I am..
    i shoot deer to eat love me some back straps.

If I'm killing for the sake of killing I prefer pigs with my bare hands and a rope.
    Windows Down!

There is a pic of some chick posing with 2 back straps on Facebook I will have to go look for it when I get to a computer.

Im conflicted if it is suppose to be a dig at "meat for the freezer" or if she actually feels so compelled to let us all see her meat.

I had every intention of attending but this storm has changed my plans. If someone can, please ask the following question of Ruth to see if he gives the same answer as he did in Florence: If there is a piece of property currently enrolled in the doe quota program and that particular piece of property is NOT using but 1/3 of their allotted doe tags even though that particular county needs doe numbers reduced, will the number of buck tags issued to that property be reduced if enrolled in the proposed deer quota program?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Ok.
    I am here.
    Our secret agent man is here.
    I have a pic of him now.
    He is handing out literature again.
    I will post a pic of him when I get back home.
    CR ditched his dj get up. He is only rolling with a regular microphone this evening.

Any questions?

Please post I will periodically check in an ask as I receive them

Ask the rent a rioter if has a valid hunting license, is he being paid, does he use pods and did he protest in Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Ok.
    I am here.
    Our secret agent man is here.
    I have a pic of him now.
    He is handing out literature again.
    I will post a pic of him when I get back home.
    CR ditched his dj get up. He is only rolling with a regular microphone this evening.

Any questions?

Please post I will periodically check in an ask as I receive them
    Ask Ruth: If there is a piece of property currently enrolled in the doe quota program and that particular piece of property is NOT using but 1/3 of their allotted doe tags even though that particular county needs doe numbers reduced, will the number of buck tags issued to that property be reduced if enrolled in the proposed deer quota program?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

The question that begs asking, is why are these meetings being conducted during the evenings of October...?

Who exactly do they expect to show up during the time you are supposed to be in a deer stand?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I left at 8:45 before I saw the message.
    The meeting devolved into hogs are are the boogie man here instead of coyotes.

Rep Ott has committed to holding the legislation up until his colleagues debate the issue.
    This bill was to important to sail through the senate like it did.

Apparently he is a bit naive as to how long it took to get anything to this point.

He never could convey in a manner any concern I genuinely could comprehend.

One farmer called him out and asked wasn't the congress critter in ag. He said yes and that was his concern. But he took up a good 15 min total talking at various times. Yet he never could articulate his concern. Just he had some. And he was looking out for his community???

If you thought Charels meandered around this guy....well he was just as bad.

The questioning has been slightly refined.

The over all consensus from the best I could tell.

Telecheck was overwhelmingly embraced and desired.

Out of state hunters need to pay way more than the bill allows for.

Bigger deer are desired but no number restrictions on bucks, but most think from comments does need to be preserved.

**im not agreeing or disagreeing just reporting****

Ruth did catch on to the rent a mobbster and called him out tonight. As soon as I get home I'll post the pic I have of him and scan and post his literature he was passing out

The rent a mob guy.

Paper will be in the am. Scanner is acting funky I'm off to bed!

Russell did fine in my opinion. He is right to slow this thing down a little as he represents some of the largest Ag county in the state and he sees first hand the deer damage and it impacts his checkbook as well as the check books of a lot of his constituents.
    I am all for buck tags but I really think in the Ag counties of the state we need to kill more does. I see this day in and day out and does and yearlings are doing the bulk of crop damages.
    cut\'em

I need to send Russell a check
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Russell did fine in my opinion. He is right to slow this thing down a little as he represents some of the largest Ag county in the state and he sees first hand the deer damage and it impacts his checkbook as well as the check books of a lot of his constituents.
    I am all for buck tags but I really think in the Ag counties of the state we need to kill more does. I see this day in and day out and does and yearlings are doing the bulk of crop damages.
    I agree with more does needing to be taken.

The problem I had with Ott he never would come out and just say:
    We need to force people to kill more does.

He never came out and actually said what he was for or against. He just wanted to do something and get it right.

But and maybe this was why he didn't want to come out and say anything publicly (being he is elected) the majority of the crowd (not every one) wanted to preserve does.

The 1 pig farmer went as far as to give us a biology lesson on getting more deer, based on his experience with sows and "ol Bo" hawgs.

The one guy who ranted on and was the cause of me leaving pointed out we need to do something to get these numbers up he was a processor and he only got 10 deer in last week. He may even quit processing next year LOL...ok

(I started to ask if maybe he was unaware of the catastrophe we were cleaning up from last week, and if that by chance that may have been a bigger factor in last weeks numbers than say "Hawgs" he was adamant we needed to do something about hawgs.

There was 4 processors there which I found interesting. I don't thing there were that many at the Florence meeting.

2 different people suggested size restrictions.

Ruth says more "polled" people wanted numbers rather than size. He wasn't opposed to antler restrictions.

I personally like the 4 tags or 2 tags. Let the man shoot what he wants and then get out of the way. I think by placing antler restrictions you may artificially preserve some undesirable traits in rare circumstances, and while they may be rare why? The number of tags allows for this remedy.

Again tele check was accepted almost at a 95% rate by floks in the room.

2 voted against it and 3 abstained from voting.

So it isn't a population problem?

Just a management problem?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213