Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Land Freeloaders

Default Family Land Freeloaders

Don't you hate them? Technically they have just as much right to hunt because it is "family land" . They don't do any work and always want to bring their buddy. Sure must be fun watching deer in a food plot they didn't plant or sitting in a box stand they didn't build, never having to put gas in the tractor or buying a bag of seed. Always having a spot on the dove field when you want it....

They make me want to go plow under every food plot we have planted.

Rant Over
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Plow em over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Ahhhhh, the Nephew......
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

this is just part of it.
    shit happens
    rip Dakota

I know exactly where you are coming from!!!

Put gas in the tractor and hook the disc up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I quit hunting my family land for this exact reason

wait til they start shooting up and coming promising young bucks that you let walk, if it hasn't already started happening.
    their sense of entitlement is a bitch !
    rip Dakota

Infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Ahhhhh, the Nephew......

tehe
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    wait til they start shooting up and coming promising young bucks that you let walk, if it hasn't already started happening.
    their sense of entitlement is a bitch !
    I try not to shoot just anything, but It doesn't have to be a monster for me to kill either. I would never classify myself as a trophy hunter. But this cousin of mine talks a really big game about only shooting big deer. If I shoot a deer I will tell the family about it no matter what the size. He on the other hand will slip a spike out and never say a word to anybody. Ill just find dried up blood on the leaves a day or so later.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I'm waiting for the day I can sell ours. Haven't hunted it in 20 years because of the freeloaders. They're going to hate me when I evict them but, shit happens.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Don't you hate them? Technically they have just as much right to hunt because it is "family land" . They don't do any work and always want to bring their buddy. Sure must be fun watching deer in a food plot they didn't plant or sitting in a box stand they didn't build, never having to put gas in the tractor or buying a bag of seed. Always having a spot on the dove field when you want it....

They make me want to go plow under every food plot we have planted.

Rant Over
    Good lord how old is the tractor that you are putting gas in it?

Try having your cousin and all his buddies going to the family land every weekend, drinking beer, shooting 300+ rounds and then have the buddies all start getting keys to the gate, and sitting in your stands, with no sense about them, nor concern for safety, and they come and go as they please. Then next thing you know, you're the asshole, because you don't like them tearing the place up.

Granted I haven't heard about it this year or seen any signs of them, but I haven't deer hunted in over 2 years either.

yep. my point exactly. my landowner had to kick his own brother off of his place because he couldn't follow the rules, and his excuse was " it's my brothers place, I can shoot what I want".
    if they had a prior agreement, it wouldn't be a problem. lack of communication between the owner and those with hunting rights is usually the biggest issue.
    I could go on and on
    rip Dakota

I could write a book.

Now, I limit my family land incursions to turkeys only.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

A good quick throat punch isn't illegal when given properly to family member in need, at least I have never been jailed for it..yet.
    Genesis 9;2

Put your foot down. Put locks on stands. Change out gate locks. When dealing with assholes, it pays to be an asshole. If it's that big of a deal to you don't be so passive.

I had this problem once. I no longer have this problem. Any body that wants to hunt goes through me. My answer is always the same, no.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Seen this problem before on an old tract. Guy only showed up on opening morning of turkey season, usually at 0300 to "beat the members". Fucker killed 2 big Toms on opening day 2 yrs in a row and never broke a bead of sweat to keep "his daddies" place up. It was listed in the lease, so we couldn't do much, but it still pisses you off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk