Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer closure

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I would come get you.

Comforting...LOL, how about me DT?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Lol. Spastic is right. Gesom Pete. You owe me for the three days I missed because of the flood. I paid for that license. I was expecting 137 days to hunt. Now I can only have 134. Someone owes me. Plus I had some deer and squirrels eat some corn. Someone is going to pay or I am going to come down there and whip somebody s Butt.
    I suspect some of these poor deer hunters disenfranchised by DNR will be eligible for FEMA aid. Prayers sent.

I would come get you.
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCXlL2MgIxA[/ame]

I was told this morning that if there are some closures it will be some wma land and will not affect private. Horses mouth
    80-20 Genaration

Thanks for keeping us updated DT.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Those of you who are whining about the season possible getting closed need to rethink your priorities there are people who lost it all not only there homes and all that is in them but there business's also they have nothing left and your crying about a possible 10 day closure WOW some just need to thank God there not affected I know I sure do!

End of rant.
    It is called multi tasking.

Most folks can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I realize not everyone can be a chief although they think they can.

Indians are a big part of the equation. We need more of these. To many of the indians have been staying at a holiday inn express as of late.

Again the flood is a complete and utter tragedy. No one is refuting that point.

All we can do is simple things for now for the folks and one large thing PRAY.

But as we do all of this and serve others in their time of need there is no need to become so fixated on their problem that we become paralyzed in our own lives or miss others that have needs.

Made it to 11 pages.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Those in favor of tagging system the tags can be reduced just as easy as dnr closing season for 10 days.
    This is the grey area that that No one wants to pay attention to but it can happen and if it can happen it will happen only a matter of time.
    Something that needs to be discussed with them.
    Now back to deer talk!

Yes, you are correct but as my understanding this can't be done in the middle of the season only on a annual basis.

I will make sure and follow up with this question.

I'm ok with year to year decisions. But swapping up laws in the middle is a cluster mess.

This thread and the 10 gazzillion face book threads and the hundreds of txt I've gotten over the past 2 days are prop of this.

For the most part folks on this sight are fairly intelligent. WE can have articulate debates and poke fun at each other.

This site can't even come close to wrapping their hands around a closure as a whole.

What I mean is is it true. If so for how long? Can this or that happen?

The general public is not nearly as astute.

By the time anything goes into effect its usefulness like most government programs will have long sense past. Now you will have a public relations nightmare in a time of heightened work loads due to road ways that still are not safe.

There is to much tumult and confusion associated with trying to change the rules of the game in the middle of the game.

DONT DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    But when Sakerlinians get all "birthright" minded, dumber shit seems to happen. I don't think a temporary closure would amount to much. As many have stated, I've been blocked out of an opportunity to hunt and will again this weekend....and some of you know how much of the resource has been saved because of that fact.
    Will depredation tags be a part of the closure too?

I'm sorry, but I dont see the logic in calling something a "resource" when thousands of depredation tags are issued, and filled every year, and has an average life span of 5-7 years.

This is a fun thread. It is a perfect example of emotion over logic, with a hell of a lot of emotion.

People, please stop quoting cottontop.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I would come get you.
    He's not in your district is he?

Due to the recent heavy rain events and subsequent flooding, the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is assessing the possibility of briefly suspending the deer season in certain counties. The agency, in consultation with staff biologists and other stakeholders, is determining if conditions merit such a suspension. DNR urges concerned hunters and outdoor enthusiasts to check the DNR website and other media platforms for a potential announcement.

Who are the other stake holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Who are the other stake holders?
    Good question.

Yeah farmers get issued 20 depredation permits and shoot 75 deer and dnr turns a blind eye, but worry that bubba might kill a nice buck that got pushed out the swamp. smh

If you have to ask then you're not one.

^this

Fuck a damn deer, duck season opens in NC this week. Lucky bastards
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Yall better hope we don't get a late season hurricane! DNR is gonna shut down duck season due to the birds being stressed. You can't tell me the old squaws and scoters arent stressed pushed from the sea and rafted up on inland lakes. I've seen tons of them after a storm comes through!
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 10-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Default Deer closure

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Get you a NC license and have at it. Haha. Lots of guys up here, that are right by the line, buy them in both states.
    Last edited by billbuster84; 10-07-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr