Thread: And he will probably win...

Default And he will probably win...

Steve Sarkisian, the former SoCal drunkard head coach, is suing USCw over his firing due to his disability (alcoholism).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...207-story.html
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."

Disgusting. So it's their fault that he's a drunk?

God forbid someone take responsibility for their actions. What kind of message does this send to the boys he's trying to turn into men?

Disturbing coinencidence: As I was typing that, there's a commercial on about Binge Eating Disorder. Really!?!?!?
    Last edited by Foie Gras; 12-07-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

He turned in an expense receipt to the board of athletics for reimbursement for 91 shots of tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Cut 'Em View Post
    He turned in an expense receipt to the board of athletics for reimbursement for 91 shots of tequila.
    FUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    FUNNY
    http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....wn-of-expenses

ESPN radio said 91 shots of tequila expensed... Guess they figured he split shots..

Working for UPS, I've seen this before. UPS won't fire someone for being drunk at work or under the influence of drugs if they come clean and admit to having a problem. UPS would pay for their treatment and once they complete treatment they still have their job no questions asked and if any changes, mis-treatment, etc happen the employer UPS could be sued. They will walk on egg shells around these folks and more times then not the "addicts" take advantage of this system and run the employer through the ringer.

Sick world we live in where a drug addict and alcoholism are considered illnesses like cancer.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

I thought he said when this all went down that is was just a bad mixture of medicine and a drink at a party and that he did not have a problem..... Now, he's claiming they didn't allow him to properly treat the problem he didn't have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I love when liberal policies are used against liberal institutions. I hope he wins.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Alcoholism is an illness in my opinion. But this fucker needs to grow up
    Last edited by smitch320; 12-08-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    . Now, he's claiming they didn't allow him to properly treat the problem he didn't have?

Legal talk for "I have ruined my career and need drinking money to make it"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Alcoholism is an illness in my opinion. But this fucker needs to grow up
    Sure it is... No doubt. So is pedophilia, drug addiction, and kleptomania

oh the tangled web we weave.....Maybe it would be a reasonable accommodation to hire him a personal driver and a nap time when he passes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post

oh the tangled web we weave.....Maybe it would be a reasonable accommodation to hire him a personal driver and a nap time when he passes out?
    Not in the least. He should stand up a realize he has an issue with alcoholism and deal with it, not put it on the university in which he previously had a job. That's what is wrong with my generation, they have this misconception that others are to blame for their own actions. Him being in charge probably just showed half of that team that "Oh well he is doing it and it's ok, so I can do it".

There are tons of folks, some probably on this site that realize or realized they had an issue and are doing something about it without putting the blame on someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post

Sad to say but this would have been a whole lot cheaper than fighting this frivolous lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Cut 'Em View Post
    Only 91!

What a rookie
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Working for UPS, I've seen this before. UPS won't fire someone for being drunk at work or under the influence of drugs if they come clean and admit to having a problem. UPS would pay for their treatment and once they complete treatment they still have their job no questions asked and if any changes, mis-treatment, etc happen the employer UPS could be sued. They will walk on egg shells around these folks and more times then not the "addicts" take advantage of this system and run the employer through the ringer.

Sick world we live in where a drug addict and alcoholism are considered illnesses like cancer.
    You can thank Unions for that little loophole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Yeah it's a disease. It's got a magical cure though. It's called "stop drinking". Or "moderation".