Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dove weekend

Default My dove weekend

I know. Its very important to all of you....and since there are 30,11 other posts about it, I wanted to start my own...to make me feel important.

I didnt take any group tailgate shots.
    I didnt count the number of birds that were shot in the field.
    I didnt get any pics of my kids.
    I didnt wear long pants.

I did take one pic of the 30some-odd doves my boys and I killed out of a clearcut in the rain sunday.
    I dont care how many doves other jacklegs shoot. People piss me off and when they text me to say "I am not in a good enough spot. I want to move. My son and I have only killed 4 doves (later to find out they shot 4 boxes)."
    I know what my kids look like.
    I did get a lot of scratches on my legs.

I got to see ndbrown shoot two birds with one shot.
    My son that doesnt hunt as much had more fun shooting this weekend than in the past. He killed ten on Monday.
    Other son shoots well and got his every day.
    we have lots of doves to clean and eat and I like them.

That is all.

Stay tuned for zero pics.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Did you get stung or bitten by anything? I got stung by a wasp on the gut, and was bitten numerous times by some sort of sweat bee looking things. Dang things were everywhere! Had a few horse flies buzz around but no bites by them.

That's a pretty positive post coming from 2th on what's considered a Monday for him.

Really who cares??
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

But did you look awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I looked pretty awesome. I am really into clothes and their effects. In as much, I wore a cotton tshirt (camo) and shorts (tan-ish). I got bit by a yeller jacket in that clearcut. I then sent my dog in there. He seemed fine. He got the dove. I also got bit by lots of mosquitoes.

So let me rant one more time...this time about how bad of a parent I am. I see other dorks, AKA dads, spraying down with SPF 1000 and 110% DEET for them and their kids before the hunt. Its as if they have never been outside without some sort of "protection" that comes in a spray bottle. They bring all varieties of snacks and trash, AKA bottled waters. This same dad that I am currently thinking of was joking with his buddy, AKA the stupid fucking member that brought the rubberhead and his pack of annoying kids, about the FOUR boxes of shells he brought.

I want to be a member of a dove club of people that can shoot reasonably well, pick up their trash, and dont grade the hunt on how many birds KILLED but shots taken.

The best part is when that other truck was soaking down with SPF and DEET and my son said "its ok, dad. I dont like bug spray anyway and I dont plan on being out there long enough to burn." I love that kid.

and I love my dove clubs...and the people I bring. I had a guest shoot his limit monday and spend the next ten minutes policing his area for empties. THOSE are the kind that get invited back. Where is that yahoo on here who was talking about not picking up his spent shells?!?!?!
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-08-2015 at 09:27 AM.

I pick up my emptys all 15 of them,,, just sayin

you could be a member of that clearcut if you had any sense

Yeah, well I shot at 5 birds and kilt 4 dead. My youngest shot at 4 and kilt 2, took him two shells on one of them, but he's 9. My oldest shot at 4 and kilt 3, he's 11. We all picked up our shells, and water bottles, and ate bbq and beans and chocolate chip cookies. No bug spray or sunscreen was used. I wore long britches, and my legs are fine.

I did take a couple pictures for their Momma.

I wish my sunflowers would hurry up and dry out, so we can have more birds to shoot at. I did bushhog the wheat and rye strips in the field and the four rows of corn that made. Maybe some will come try and eat that before the rain sprouts it all? If not, I'll have to wait for the buckwheat and sunflowers to finish, I reckon.

I wore shorts and a camo shirt yesterday shooting. You'd of thought I kicked a dog.

you could be a member of that clearcut if you had any sense
    hahahaha, maybe next year

How can we trust a man who says brush your teeth and makes money when we don't?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I know. Its very important to all of you....and since there are 30,11 other posts about it,

What's this number supposed to be? I'm not fluent in gibberish.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Nice write up. You didn't tell us what kind of gun you shot. I'm begging for more...

And what kind of dickhead doesn't pickup their shells after a shoot? Have people lost all sense of manners?

I like this thread! My boy's 10/11 had fun because (1)they killed birds (2)were in the shade and (3) laughed at dad because he missed the last 8 birds of a limit , got mad and went and sat in a deer stand. And we only started in the field at 3:45.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And we went back Sunday after church to pick up hulls because reloading is cool to the kids!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    And what kind of dickhead doesn't pickup their shells after a shoot? Have people lost all sense of manners?

Yes they have. Quickest way not to get your ass invited back.....Ever.

I drank all of chaps beer and walked around with my shirt off talking shit.

Top That
    Windows Down!