Thread: Suppressor Process Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Great info, Chuck & Swamp. That's helpful to know.

OK, I guess I lied and didn't mean to... a few more questions come to mind:

- Can you include non-family members in the Trust so that they can legally fire a gun with your suppressor on it? As I understand it, it's illegal for a non-owner or Trust member to even fire one shot through one. Correct? If so, I'm thinking there's a number of names I'd want to add.

- Can you ever sell a suppressor once it's in the Trust and it's engraved? Such as what do you do if new technology comes out and you want to upgrade, etc?

Btw, I'm on my tablet right now and can't figure out how to link the site, but I just read an update that the 41P review is probably going to push back to January, 2016, and that all apps, etc, that have been received by the ATF as of whatever that date is will be grandfathered.

Thanks.

They can fire your weapon but you must be present. You can both be on the range together but you can't leave the sbr or suppressor with them while you run to grab a bite to eat.

You can sell a suppressor but the buyer has to fill out a form 4 and pay the atf tax stamp.

You don't engrave a suppressor unless you build it yourself.

41p will require trusted to be fingerprinted and photos taken just like the individual route now. Hopefully it gets defunded but who knows.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 12-23-2015 at 11:49 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?