Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer tag meetings

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Why not call an emergency session and let God tell dnr what to do?
    you mean santee cooper? That would be a little g
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    What do the deer in Lowcountry have to do with the deer at your house?
    To enforce tags there needs to be a statewide system.

Naw bo, thats the way its always been. Can't change it now......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Nothin, but I don't just hunt at the house either. Nobody but wimmen and chilrens should shoot basket rack 6 points. Anywhere. In the world.
    These are the people that get seasons shortened and limits decreased.

Nothing wrong with trying to kill a trophy but not everyone is worried about bragging rights over how big my rack was.

For those that don't trophy hunt and are just satisfied with killing few basket racks each year to feed family should not be punished with size limits for those that only hunt to kill a buck for BRAGGING RIGHTS.

I vote for having deer season just like turkey season. Males only ones that can be shot.

Naw bo, thats the way its always been. Can't change it now......
    Shut your trap Ruth..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    To enforce tags there needs to be a statewide system.
    Why don't you worry about NC?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Nothin, but I don't just hunt at the house either. Nobody but wimmen and chilrens should shoot basket rack 6 points. Anywhere. In the world.

That struck a nerve with the cull buck crowd.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

The hit dog always hollers
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Default Deer tag meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I was stunned when I heard one say that she had already killed 38 deer that year.
    “Thirty eight! Why in the world would you kill that many?” I asked.
    “Because you can; it’s legal,” she answered.
    http://manninglive.com/2015/03/28/pr...ood-for-state/

I want to hunt with this lady and share a Marlboro Red
    Last edited by britton40; 08-24-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Y this

Don't tell me you guys can't agree.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Don't tell me you guys can't agree.

95% of us agree that you're a shit stick.......

Hell I killed 58 five years after hurricane Hugo at a dog club in bowman 80 % where bucks in front of dogs. The good old days and put a few wall hangers on the wall.

Issue tags for both bucks and does, I really don't care. Make it a limit of 4 bucks and 4 does statewide. But don't start antler restriction. That makes it seem like its about nothing but bragging rights/trophy hunting. Not everybody is into that.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Why four bucks and doe state wide ? The low country has a lot more deer than the upstate. They need to do it by game zones. The upstate already has a limit on bucks. What is the four bucks going to do really?

Without funds for patrols and enforcement, tags won't mean shit, just like the turkey tag issue. Who cares if they issue tags, if there are no game wardens tp verify. Oh, what about that honor system call in? Horseshit, the good old boys will still kill 30 a year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    Why four bucks and doe state wide ? The low country has a lot more deer than the upstate. They need to do it by game zones. The upstate already has a limit on bucks. What is the four bucks going to do really?
    I mentioned that only because there was already some talk of going to that. I would support that much sooner than I would support antler restrictions.

95% of us agree that you're a shit stick.......
    1. We are in the protected outdoor forum that does not tolerate that kind of language.

2. It can't be more than 85%.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by JHampton View Post
    Without funds for patrols and enforcement, tags won't mean shit, just like the turkey tag issue. Who cares if they issue tags, if there are no game wardens tp verify. Oh, what about that honor system call in? Horseshit, the good old boys will still kill 30 a year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    It takes talent to remove a used turkey/doe tag without any blood stain and place back on the sheet of tags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Issue tags for both bucks and does, I really don't care. Make it a limit of 4 bucks and 4 does statewide. But don't start antler restriction. That makes it seem like its about nothing but bragging rights/trophy hunting. Not everybody is into that.
    If they make it with a antler restriction what difference does it make?

There will be those who will complain due to the fact it is deer season.

Yep...nothing more nothing less.

Ask the same folks complaining if they were putting minerals out in late december early january or were the duck hunting?

Were they trimming new lanes and manipulating new food plots or were they cat fishing in Feb-March.

Were they planting food plots when all their friends had cabin fever and were off to "the whatever body" of water back in the April while the others were turkey hunting?

When it got really hot and humid during May, June, and July were you at the club replanting bean plots and or helping farmers manage deer so as to not have them whole sale slaughter any and all deer, rather than complain on the internet about said farmer killing too many deer?

If a man does all this I have no qualms with him coming in and making recommendations to kill bucks with certain qualities.

It is the individual who doesn't put forth his time and energy all year that comes in just before deer season starts and tries to mandate we all listen to THEM because that is the way it was always done that I have a huge problem with.

I'm not sure I'm in favor of anything other than the so called meetings being held in late February to March. At the least those who are genuinely concerned with the outcome will show up. Those who are just seasonal hunters will not show up.

By hosting meetings during deer season a atmosphere of hate and coventry quickly become realized.
    Rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    If they make it with a antler restriction what difference does it make?

There will be those who will complain due to the fact it is deer season.

Yep...nothing more nothing less.

Ask the same folks complaining if they were putting minerals out in late december early january or were the duck hunting?

Were they trimming new lanes and manipulating new food plots or were they cat fishing in Feb-March.

Were they planting food plots when all their friends had cabin fever and were off to "the whatever body" of water back in the April while the others were turkey hunting?

When it got really hot and humid during May, June, and July were you at the club replanting bean plots and or helping farmers manage deer so as to not have them whole sale slaughter any and all deer, rather than complain on the internet about said farmer killing too many deer?

If a man does all this I have no qualms with him coming in and making recommendations to kill bucks with certain qualities.

It is the individual who doesn't put forth his time and energy all year that comes in just before deer season starts and tries to mandate we all listen to THEM because that is the way it was always done that I have a huge problem with.

I'm not sure I'm in favor of anything other than the so called meetings being held in late February to March. At the least those who are genuinely concerned with the outcome will show up. Those who are just seasonal hunters will not show up.

By hosting meetings during deer season a atmosphere of hate and coventry quickly become realized.
    Rant over!
    I began trimming lanes and putting up stands in mid July. Was on a tractor scratching up new food plots and bush hogging lanes and trails all summer too. We send soil samples in to Clemson Ext. to figure out what types of fertilizers/nutrients we can add to get the most out of our plots. I am not a "seasonal hunter" as you call it. I am just as proud of any doe I have ever shot as I am my biggest buck. I am not going to let my success be based solely on the size of a deer's antlers.