Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost at sea

I'm sorry but it is annoying as hell that every interview with their parents they rant about how these kids are very experienced boaters. I'm sorry but at 14 you aren't very experienced at anything. We all did this stuff when we were young and it was because we were dumb not experienced
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Exactly where Mary Lee is. God speed to the young men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I heard on the radio (news) a few minutes ago that there was an ice chest and one life jacket missing from the boat. They didn't specify if they had floated away or what, just that they were missing. Also the CG said they have now had time to do wind and current calculation and have shifted their search focus accordingly.
    When my cousin was lost we drew a box on the chart, the first afternoon for the Coast Guard. The next morning, they said they saturated the area, and they weren't there. The search shifted north. They were found on day 3 less than a mile from the box.

LCboy, my family was in a 23 cuddy cabin. They were a couple weeks after the boys in the sunfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    News tonight said if they are drifting, they are off the coast of GA. Y'all offshore boys keep your eyes peeled.
    I heard a report saying that the current in the area could be moving them a mile in 12 minutes..... not sure about the accuracy of that, but it would make one hell of a tough job, tougher.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I heard a report saying that the current in the area could be moving them a mile in 12 minutes..... not sure about the accuracy of that, but it would make one hell of a tough job, tougher.
    I read that as well

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    When my cousin was lost we drew a box on the chart, the first afternoon for the Coast Guard. The next morning, they said they saturated the area, and they weren't there. The search shifted north. They were found on day 3 less than a mile from the box.

LCboy, my family was in a 23 cuddy cabin. They were a couple weeks after the boys in the sunfish.
    Are you speaking of a good buddy of mine?
    867-5309

Sure enough.

They are saying several life jackets, a yeti and the engine cover are all missing from the boat. They are hoping they made a raft.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post

Shitty 3 days. I'm am still amazed the operator of the boat I was on found them. We rolled up on what was looking like a debris field and feared the worst. My brother said the worst thing was sitting on anchor popping flares at container ships and the CG c-130 with out them seeing them. Guy from CG claims if you see the c-130 wait for it to pass to signal it. Apparently the guys "looking out" are at the rear door looking aft. Not sure if that is advice to live by or not, just thankful they were found safe, just a little sunburned. 20 something year olds with a case of bottled water on the boat that finally came in handy.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-27-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I'm sorry but it is annoying as hell that every interview with their parents they rant about how these kids are very experienced boaters. I'm sorry but at 14 you aren't very experienced at anything. We all did this stuff when we were young and it was because we were dumb not experienced
    Yeah, I have thought the same things that you have.
    Last edited by Shotunderit; 07-28-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Agreed
    I keep remembering the NFL player down there that anchored wrong (off back or side cleat) and sank his boat and died. That's inexperience and something like that could have happened here also.

Praying for the two boys and their families. Their parents are going thru a living hell so show them sympathy.

Serious question here:

What's the probability of actually surviving drifting for a few hours/days with nothing but life jackets and/or cooler? Isn't it EXTREMELY likely that you'd be eaten by sharks well before that? One nips outta curiosity, there's blood in the water, and then it'd become an all-out feeding frenzy, right? I'm just curious here. I'd be scared shitless of I had to be in the water like that. Yeah, I've got my PLB, but my ditchbag isn't equipped with shark deterrent spray.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Serious question here:

What's the probability of actually surviving drifting for a few hours/days with nothing but life jackets and/or cooler? Isn't it EXTREMELY likely that you'd be eaten by sharks well before that? One nips outta curiosity, there's blood in the water, and then it'd become an all-out feeding frenzy, right? I'm just curious here. I'd be scared shitless of I had to be in the water like that. Yeah, I've got my PLB, but my ditchbag isn't equipped with shark deterrent spray.
    If they haven't been eaten they have to be getting dehydrated. Lack of H20 would kill them pretty quick.

Serious question here:

With the number of attacks lately, that would be my main concern. But you could only survive a day or two without freshwater. If they have access to fresh water in the cooler then they have a chance.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    If they haven't been eaten they have to be getting dehydrated. Lack of H20 would kill them pretty quick.
    I don't know if I'd rather dehydrate and have internals shut down and just die and sink or get torn up by sharks. Both seem miserable.

Godspeed, kids. Hope you get found. Rumor has it on THT that there's a sighting of something off GA's coast. Hoping for a good outcome.

I don't know if I'd rather dehydrate and have internals shut down and just die and sink or get torn up by sharks. Both seem miserable.

Godspeed, kids. Hope you get found. Rumor has it on THT that there's a sighting of something off GA's coast. Hoping for a good outcome.
    If both are still together that can get them through alot. I hope to God they find them alive.

Who in the hell is going to pay for this search and rescue? Is joe n. Going to contribute his 100k to the coast guard. What about the parents that let the two 14 yr old go alone. ... it was irresponsible on behalf of the parents,, they should be on the hook for the bill. ...

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Who in the hell is going to pay for this search and rescue? Is joe n. Going to contribute his 100k to the coast guard. What about the parents that let the two 14 yr old go alone. ... it was irresponsible on behalf of the parents,, they should be on the hook for the bill. ...
    You wouldn't be asking the same question if it were you/your kids out there.

You don't worry about who's paying for it. It's the right thing to do.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!