Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparkleberry RR

We have all invested into this state but the problem is we are not getting any return on our investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I'm sure there is.

Just not too many people willing to invest in lying politicians....like yourself
    I am not a moderator but...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The house passed DOT reform and a roads bill.

The more I read on this issue the more I understand segregation is still very real in the world we live in. Only difference in today and the days of old is the segregation is due to political divide lines and not race. We now hear "we can't because the democrats or republicans are not cooperating" etc. We end up with stale mate situations where nothing gets done or fast track decisions are made when we may not have thought things through entirely leading to unexpected results. I told my wife early on if the flag does get taken down it would trigger responses from the likes of the KKK. Is this not what the sorry excuse for life, who took the precious lives of these people, wanted to happen? I think he probably smiles when he hears of the chaos he created. DT- surely you and your colleagues thought of this?

It does not bother me the flag came off of the state grounds. The knee jerk reaction and scenario in which it did come down does. I believe this to be the opinion of many, but certainly not all of the people here. I believe in standing up for what you believe in all of the time. However, it can be questioned if an individual is standing up for what they believe when they decide to do so only at a time the masses choose to. If a political representative would have stood up for the flag to removed under normal circumstances I would say that person has some sand and the grit we need to change our state/country in the right direction.

I am probably preaching to the choir in saying the things above and understand we all make mistakes. I think "we" have to do a better job of learning from our mistakes as we to often make the same ones over and over again (politics and regular lives). These repetitive mistakes are the exact reason I am posting this message. I firmly believe the hard working individuals in this country get caught up doing just that, working hard. The result of us doing so can be seen in our everyday news. The result I am speaking of is in reference to the non-contributing citizens of this country getting their agendas pushed through over and over again. These folks have all the time in the world to voice their opinions via social networks and protest rally's that the hard working person does not have time to. I am committed to making sure I do not just sit on the sidelines anymore and will voice my opinion however I can. I am starting with you DT since this is the only direct tie I have to a politician. I am asking you to be a trendsetter for what is morally correct all the time and protecting us, the general population, from having fast track decisions pushed on us. Move us forward in a positive direction and create the kind of change we need. That change, in my opinion, starts with following the principles this country was found on. I believe those principles to be found in the good book. If you are the only person in the house voting in the way of what is right then so be it. At least you are displaying the grit we expect. To hell with worrying about the results based on the votes. Use your one vote to make a stand!

Sorry for the book but I have to voice my opinion some how.
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master

DT...are you telling me that House is not the problem and that the problem lies within the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Seriously, is there not a person on here willing to invest in this state?
    I am confused by this statement. What do you mean by, "invest in this state?"

The house passed DOT reform and a roads bill.
    It was a bad bill, it was an attempt to transfer part of road system that the general assembly over built for decades using roads as poltical carrots to counties. After over building their plan was to pass the repair bill to the counties via increased property taxes and local sales tax. The gas tax is a user tax that hits everyone that drives. The House plan hits the middle class the hardest.

Not mention the bill does not reform the DOT, they legislators can still pull strings instead of allowing roads repair and construction on as needed basis. Their political influence is more important than the middle class taxpayer.

True, a bill was passed but it wasn't paltable to the taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    SRR, we pointed out that the timing was wrong, we complained in republican caucus that twe were promised the bill would go to committee. We complained on the house floor several times. We lacked the votes to prevail.

The good that the removal of the flag will have to be a gradual realization as generations, collectively of both races, decide to raise their children to love and respect each other no matter the race. It comes one person, one family at a time.

Even though you lacked the votes to prevail, did you or did you not continue to stand for the fact that the process and timing were wrong? If you honestly felt that the timing and process were wrong, why did you cave and vote to remove the flag?

Do you realize that morals can not be legislated? No matter how supreme and powerful y'all may think you are. No matter how ugly racism is, no bill, rule or law will change what is in someone's heart. So how does your proposed good outcome (that may or may not happen) outweigh the violence that has been created?
    DT let's try these two again. I may have missed your direct answer so please forgive me for asking again if you answered earlier and I overlooked it. I will try to be a little clearer. Even though you lacked the votes to prevail, did you or did you not continue to stand UNTIL THE BITTER END for the fact that the process and timing were wrong? If you honestly felt that the timing and process were wrong, why did you cave and vote to remove the flag?

Do you realize that morals can not be legislated? No matter how supreme and powerful y'all may think you are. No matter how ugly racism is, no bill, rule or law will change what is in someone's heart. So how does your proposed good outcome (that may or may not happen) outweigh the violence that has been created?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess121_...5/20150708.htm

Here look for yourself. Fought the whole way for delay and then compromise. When all failed you end up in the box. Up or down. I did not cave. I voted my convictions, the way my district wanted, and how the majority of the state wanted.

Yes the House and senate operate very differently. Majority rules in house. Debate is limited. No filibuster. Votes get taken.

The senate can stay three weeks on one bill. Three houses is a long time in the house.

DOT reform gave Nikki full control. The director and commissioners.

While the bill could should have had more tax cuts, we passed it and sent to senate. They cannot even start it because of filibusters.

I am up there. I tell you the facts. The senate has stopped nearly everything. They take pride in it.

Prior to this summer, Tricky Nikky was adamant that the flag had no negative effect on business interests in SC.

If you felt the timing and process were wrong, why did you not stand firm and vote "no"? If for no other reason than to simply show that while your convictions said it should come down, this was not the way and especially not the time. The families of those murdered in Charleston should feel used. I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but many people have voiced this same question. We understand that the majority of your constituents wanted it to come down. We understand that you "tried". I would like a direct answer to the question above.
    You haven't answered the following question after asking it several times: Do you realize that morals can not be legislated? No matter how supreme and powerful y'all may think you are. No matter how ugly racism is, no bill, rule or law will change what is in someone's heart. So how does your proposed good outcome (that may or may not happen) outweigh the violence that has been created?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckdown View Post
    We have all invested into this state but the problem is we are not getting any return on our investment.
    This Man gets it. Think about it. Nothing to do with a flag
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    so this is about me/us us running for office now? No it is not. AND i have invested in the state... That is why I am pissed about the lack of focus. Wake up man.

Hooks, please run. I will manage your campaign pro bono. I think we could make a real run at it. Let's grab a beer later this week and devise a plan.
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess121_...5/20150708.htm

Here look for yourself. Fought the whole way for delay and then compromise. When all failed you end up in the box. Up or down. I did not cave. I voted my convictions, the way my district wanted, and how the majority of the state wanted.

Yes the House and senate operate very differently. Majority rules in house. Debate is limited. No filibuster. Votes get taken.

The senate can stay three weeks on one bill. Three houses is a long time in the house.

DOT reform gave Nikki full control. The director and commissioners.

While the bill could should have had more tax cuts, we passed it and sent to senate. They cannot even start it because of filibusters.

I am up there. I tell you the facts. The senate has stopped nearly everything. They take pride in it.
    You voted how you wanted. You didn't vote how your constituents or the rest of the state wanted. We didn't get a vote. That is one of the biggest issues I have with you and the others in Columbia. You vote for what you want. I'm not saying you are in somebodies pocket but I'm sure some of the others in Columbia are. How does it separate you from them if the people don't a chance to exercise their vote?

The very least you can do is stand up and say that we serve the people of this state and it is their right to make a decision on this. You might get the stink eye from your fellow politicians but it would have been the right thing to do. Might have been a losing battle but it was the right thing to do.

I have a feeling that flag will be used again for another rebelon. That flag is the least our worries The Iran nuke deal, same sex marriage, huge debt, a Muslim in the White House, Greece, China. Things have changed very fast because of one man and I think we haven't really seen anything yet. The bible tells us all of this will happen. If you are a white conservative Christian you better get a gun and a lot of bullets unless you like the way a boot feels on your neck. One man can make a difference.

I am not a moderator but...

No, no you're not.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

cc you ever ban anyone?
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 07-20-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    cc you ever ban anyone?

No, nevah!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

DT - you would be better off just letting it go. The vote is gone, the flag is gone (and this isn't about a flag for the 100th friggin time). The more you talk on here, the deeper you are digging your hole. You were wrong, you were politically peer pressured and you know it and can never admit it. Stop trying to convince the masses on here. You didn't stand tall and do the right thing, even if that would have been to refuse to participate in a ridiculous "emergency session". Follower not a leader. No big deal Dude, life goes on for all of us. Its done

If it is true Most blacks and half of whites in his district wanted the flag down would yall just shut up about it. Good lord....go
    Find something that can actually be changed to complain about