Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparkleberry RR

Default Sparkleberry RR

So what's on your mind?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

As has been asked several times, how is it possible that a special session can be called to lower the flag yet the issues important to the people (roads, budget, education) can not be handled? While I could personally care less about the flag flying at the State Capitol, why did you not stand up for the process being wrong as well as the timing being wrong? Glen summed it up very well when he stated "This whole fiasco was just another example of how you all roll over and show your bellies every time the democrats and secular progressives start in with their agenda. On June 16th none of those people cared about that monument nor did they care about that flag. But never let a good crisis slip by without riding the wake to an agenda. All a group has to do is toss out some buzz words, crank up the emotional engine and a you all fall all over yourselves to prove how caring and in touch you are. The republican party has been on it's heels for 20 years. Can't you see we're all just tired? Tired of you. Tired of your broken promises and lies. Tired of you all giving ground up all in the name of compassion when the real reason is to push an agenda and change this state and country. So you all are in on it or you just don't get it. Y'all have lost us and quite frankly anything that comes from you all is just another toilet being flushed."
    Let's word it another way. Why jump through the hoops and work your tails off for a few people who scream and rant and use a tragedy to get their agenda met (even thou the tragedy had nothing to do with their agenda) yet you can not seem to get the important issues handled?

Note: you refers to you personally as well as House and Senate members
    Note: we will consider this a starting point for more discussion and explanation
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

WE never should have come back. Nikki forced our hand. Remember she was going to call an emergency session.

This was more emotional for the senate since a Senator was killed. 37/3 was their vote.

In the House were promised a committee meeting. It got fast tracked. When all compromises failed it was time to do the right thing. You may not agree it was the right thing but 50% of whites and 99% of black do.

My southern heritage is just as strong as yours but I was swayed by my beliefs. Doing the right thing may be a sign of weakness but I say it is a sign of strength. Persecution is expected. Heck I was conflicted but I persevered against the will of my flesh.

I completely agree with the just frustration why the legislature cannot pass legislation for roads, education, and other important needs. The House does. The Senate does not. The filibuster has them just wasting time. Hundreds of bill pass the house but never get a vote in the senate.

The senate is led from the left. It is as simple as that. Democrats used to get their way by filibustering but now the conservatives do. It has caused stalemate.

How do more important issues get handled? It takes public pressure to cause action in the senate and to a lesser degree in the house. We run every two years and the senate every 4.

I have already heard the senate will not take up the road bill until after March 30th, the last day you can sign up to run against them.

dammit, DT. stop telling us "it was the right thing." We are not your kids. We have independent brains of our own that work well, in many cases. We get the part about the flag. Stop trying to justify it and answer his question. Saying "nikki was gonna call an emergency session" is not an answer, its an excuse. Explaining to us how the shitty political system works is another excuse. I think a lot of us are tired of excuses. I think many of "you" (politicians) would be surprised how ready "we" are for a change.

and congrats on persevering.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Now why was that so hard to type in the other thread?
    We will disagree on your statement "When all compromises failed it was time to do the right thing". To me the right thing would have been to at least make it known that the timing for the entire process was wrong. To me the right thing would be to vote AGAINST any bill in which the timing and/or process was wrong. While removing the flag from the Statehouse grounds may have been the right thing, the precedence that was set was WRONG. Timing can be everything.
    Have you seen any of the videos of blacks attacking whites because they are flying a flag? Have you seen any of the videos of hundreds of people flying the flag now because of this when they normally would not(which in turn opens the door for tempers among blacks to flair even more). Stone Mountain was a non issue until the flag came down. Did you see how people reacted to and treated the KKK when they showed up. That may never have happened if the flag debate had been put off until things had cooled down. The fact that those idiots (KKK) even showed up puts a terrible light on what y'all did.
    Can you explain exactly what good was accomplished by removing the flag when it was done and the manner in which it was done?

DT, this is the type of stuff ya'll caused. It never was happening before...

http://www.wistv.com/story/29588128/...xington-county

Contentions on going right now at Byrnes High over the name of the school mascot

Toof, do you treat black people? Have you asked them what the flag represents to them? Are you willing to put one in front of your building? Why should it be in the front yard of the statehouse? Is that what you want to put in their face? How does it begin to affect industry interested in SC?

Your viewpoint is in the minority. Passionate but wrong for a state.

YOU CAN PASSIONATELY REPRESENT ONE VIEWPOINT IN THE HOUSE OR SENATE.
    but that does not mean squat if you lack the votes. You accomplish what is politically possible but it always takes votes.

SRR, we pointed out that the timing was wrong, we complained in republican caucus that twe were promised the bill would go to committee. We complained on the house floor several times. We lacked the votes to prevail.

The good that the removal of the flag will have to be a gradual realization as generations, collectively of both races, decide to raise their children to love and respect each other no matter the race. It comes one person, one family at a time.

Toof, looks like you may get change after all.
    An Upstate businessman says he’s running in the GOP primary next year to unseat state Sen. Lee Bright, one of the Senate’s most outspoken Republicans known for blocking legislation and criticizing his own party.

Filing is not until March, but David McCraw of Greer announced his plans Monday to run for the District 12 state Senate seat representing parts of Greenville and Spartanburg counties.

McCraw, 48, said he wants to run because he is frustrated with politicians’ “failure to do simple things to make it easier for those of us out here working hard and creating jobs.”

Criticizing Bright, 45, for doing “an awful lot of talking, but very little doing,” McCraw said the General Assembly accomplished very little during this legislative session.

“Partisan bickering and an attitude of self-promotion and political grandstanding instead of cooperation means that we still do not have a plan to improve our roads; it means that you will not see any decrease in your tax bills this year; and it means another year will go by without any real ethics reform,” he said. “We deserve better from our elected officials.”

Bright did not immediately return a request for comment Monday.

A staunch opponent of abortion and gun laws, Bright, who lists transportation as his profession, is known for breaking with his party and filibustering legislation that he does not support. Bright also was one of three senators to vote against removing the Confederate flag from the State House grounds.

McCraw owns a marketing and financial planning businesses as well as a restaurant and roofing company.

He contributed $500 to kick start his campaign, according to state campaign finance records.

Bright has been raising money for a potential re-election bid and has about $33,000 on hand, according to his most recent campaign report.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politic...#storylink=cpy

DT, instead of condemning historical ignorance. Why don't you and all of your political friends make public school history class better and more accurate? The government has used public school systems to dumb down the general population as a whole. Not everyone is blind to the facts and ya'll (political figures) can't stand it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

SRR, we pointed out that the timing was wrong, we complained in republican caucus that twe were promised the bill would go to committee. We complained on the house floor several times. We lacked the votes to prevail.

The good that the removal of the flag will have to be a gradual realization as generations, collectively of both races, decide to raise their children to love and respect each other no matter the race. It comes one person, one family at a time.

Even though you lacked the votes to prevail, did you or did you not continue to stand for the fact that the process and timing were wrong? If you honestly felt that the timing and process were wrong, why did you cave and vote to remove the flag?

Do you realize that morals can not be legislated? No matter how supreme and powerful y'all may think you are. No matter how ugly racism is, no bill, rule or law will change what is in someone's heart. So how does your proposed good outcome (that may or may not happen) outweigh the violence that has been created?

MOTION PERIOD
    S. 897--RECALLED
    Rep. BINGHAM moved to recall the following Bill from the Committee on Judiciary:

S. 897 (Word version) -- Senators Sheheen, Malloy, Coleman, McElveen, Kimpson, Nicholson, Massey, Campbell, Hembree, Williams, Matthews, Hutto, Setzler, Sabb, L. Martin, Jackson, Davis, Lourie, Johnson, Reese, Thurmond, Campsen, Rankin, Scott, Hayes, Bennett, Allen and Gregory: A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 1-10-10(A) OF THE 1976 CODE, RELATING TO THE FLAGS AUTHORIZED TO BE FLOWN ATOP THE STATE HOUSE AND ON THE CAPITOL COMPLEX, TO REMOVE REFERENCES TO THE SOUTH CAROLINA INFANTRY BATTLE FLAG OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA, TO PROVIDE FOR THE PERMANENT REMOVAL OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA INFANTRY BATTLE FLAG OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA FROM ITS LOCATION ADJACENT TO THE CONFEDERATE SOLDIER MONUMENT, AND TO PROVIDE THAT UPON ITS REMOVAL, THE SOUTH CAROLINA INFANTRY BATTLE FLAG OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA SHALL BE TRANSPORTED TO THE CONFEDERATE RELIC ROOM FOR APPROPRIATE DISPLAY.

Rep. HILL moved to table the motion.

Rep. COBB-HUNTER demanded the yeas and nays which were taken, resulting as follows:

Yeas 21; Nays 91
    Those who voted in the affirmative are:
    Allison Bedingfield Burns
    Chumley Corley Hardee
    Hill Johnson Loftis
    Lowe D. C. Moss V. S. Moss
    Nanney Pitts Southard
    Stringer Taylor Toole
    Wells White Willis
    Total--21
    Those who voted in the negative are:
    Alexander Anderson Atwater
    Bales Ballentine Bamberg
    Bannister Bernstein Bingham
    Bowers Bradley Brannon
    G. A. Brown R. L. Brown Clary
    Clemmons ******* Cobb-Hunter
    Cole Collins H. A. Crawford
    Crosby Daning Delleney
    Dillard Douglas Duckworth
    Erickson Felder Finlay
    Forrester Funderburk Gagnon
    Gambrell George Gilliard
    Goldfinch Govan Hamilton
    Hart Hayes Henderson
    Henegan Hicks Hodges
    Horne Hosey Howard
    Huggins Jefferson Kennedy
    King Kirby Knight
    Limehouse Lucas Mack
    McCoy McEachern McKnight
    M. S. McLeod W. J. McLeod Mitchell
    Neal Newton Norman
    Norrell Ott Parks
    Pope Quinn Ridgeway
    Riley Rivers Robinson-Simpson
    Rutherford Sandifer Simrill
    G. R. Smith J. E. Smith Sottile
    Spires Stavrinakis Tallon
    Thayer Tinkler Weeks
    Whipper Whitmire Williams
    Yow
    Total--91
    So, the House refused to table the motion to recall S. 897.

The question recurred to the motion to recall S. 897 from the Committee on Judiciary.

Rep. HILL demanded the yeas and nays which were taken, resulting as follows:

Yeas 93; Nays 18
    Those who voted in the affirmative are:
    Alexander Allison Anderson
    Atwater Bales Ballentine
    Bamberg Bannister Bernstein
    Bingham Bowers Bradley
    Brannon G. A. Brown R. L. Brown
    Clary Clemmons *******
    Cobb-Hunter Cole Collins
    H. A. Crawford Crosby Daning
    Delleney Dillard Douglas
    Duckworth Erickson Felder
    Finlay Forrester Funderburk
    Gagnon Gambrell George
    Gilliard Goldfinch Govan
    Hamilton Hart Hayes
    Henderson Henegan Herbkersman
    Hicks Hodges Horne
    Hosey Howard Huggins
    Jefferson Kennedy King
    Kirby Knight Limehouse
    Lucas Mack McCoy
    McEachern McKnight M. S. McLeod
    W. J. McLeod Mitchell Neal
    Newton Norman Norrell
    Ott Parks Pope
    Quinn Ridgeway Riley
    Rivers Robinson-Simpson Rutherford
    Sandifer Simrill G. R. Smith
    J. E. Smith Sottile Spires
    Stavrinakis Tallon Thayer
    Tinkler Weeks Whipper
    White Whitmire Williams
    Total--93
    Those who voted in the negative are:
    Bedingfield Burns Chumley
    Corley Hardee Hill
    Johnson Lowe D. C. Moss
    V. S. Moss Nanney Pitts
    Southard Stringer Taylor
    Toole Wells Willis
    Total--18
    So, the motion to recall S. 897 was agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Your viewpoint is in the minority. Passionate but wrong for a state

Says who ? You ? Most of you are not listening to your people anyways. I hate to say it because I'm tired of it but I hope ALL this get drug back up come election time.
    80-20 Genaration

I will say that Volvo, Boeing, Amazon, and BMW obviously didn't care about this issue and came to our state. DT Don't you think for one second that industry cares about this flag issue, they need roads and we ain't got them. They need smart workers and our schools are not producing them. Our spending or mismanagement of money is rampant.

Your defection of tooth flying a flag at his office is not apples to apples, his office is not a memorial. You not understanding that is a problem. Your blind eye to issues that actually effect bringing in industry is a BIG problem for the state.

I will never vote for the current reps from my distinct and I will be donating to their opponents. I have become inspired by their lack of vision and ignorance.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 07-20-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

It would have been brave, insightful leadership to have taken the flag down anytime time before the 16th of June.

After that it stands as an excuse for those who have too many excuses already.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    I will say that Volvo, Boeing, Amazon, and BMW obviously didn't care about this issue and came to our state. DT Don't you think for one second that industry cares about this flag issue, they need roads and we ain't got them. They need smart workers and our schools are not producing them. Our spending or mismanagement of money is rampant.

Your defection of tooth flying a flag at his office is not apples to apples, his office is not a memorial. You not understanding that is a problem. Your blind eye to issues that actually effect bringing in industry is a BIG problem for the state.

I will never vote for the current reps from my distinct and I will be donating to their opponents. I have become inspired by their lack of vision and ignorance.
    Why don't YOU run?

Seriously, is there not a person on here willing to invest in this state?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Seriously, is there not a person on here willing to invest in this state?

I'm sure there is.

Just not too many people willing to invest in lying politicians....like yourself
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

so this is about me/us us running for office now? No it is not. AND i have invested in the state... That is why I am pissed about the lack of focus. Wake up man.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 07-20-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

So now that the House and Senate are now working so well together, what legislation is being introduced to fix our roads and streamline the DOT? And please don't say that DOT needs a billion dollars unless you have an independent audit in hand saying that is the only way to fix it.