Thread: 25 contender. What it worth.

Default 25 contender. What it worth.

A buddy is trying to sell his boat trying to get an idea of price. 2004 25 foot contender. Twin 200 hpdi Yamaha's with 250 hrs. Birdsal hardtop, raymarine and northstar electronics. No trailer.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Nolo Contendre (Greg) has a nice 23ft Contender for sell on here

Check the hull truth, anglers edge, and boat trader for similar boats in similar condition. Used boats can vary greatly depending on power, condition of hull, up to date electronics, hours on motor, mechanical issues, etc.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 07-13-2015 at 11:27 AM.

This guy is asking 60k for this one... I think that's a little wishful thinking though

http://www.charlestonfishing.com/for...OPIC_ID=155540

Mid 40's depending on what needs to be updated, options etc. Biggest concern would be low hours on 12 year old motors. Buddy just sold a mint 23T with the exact same power, same year hull as what you are looking at. He turned down a lot of 40k offers and never got the 47k he was looking for. Market speaks volumes of what it should be priced at.

He is high on the price plus the Hpdi motors are a killer.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

200 hpdi is the best motor Yamaha put out until the current 150 4 stroke

Ran the same boat for 3 yrs......boat will fetch mid to high 40s on thehulltruth

Hpdi's are notorious for blowing power heads, ask any Yamaha dealer. Ox66 was terrible on fuel but bullet proof reliable. Current four strokes are good as they come.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

The 300 and 250HPDI's had a powerhead issue.

The 200hp is pretty much bulletproof.

Hpdi has two blocks ...big block 250/300 and smaller block 150/200.... Small blocks are awesome motors

And pls don't make judgements based on what the stealership tells you.

My truck dealer just told me my truck as worth 28k in trade or he would but out right buy it for 22k

I will agree with the other posters.

That HPDI 150/200 is arguably the best motor that Yamaha ever produced……….easily top of the heap in the two stroke category. 250 and 300 HPDI's are shit heaps and you would just be paying for the boat, unless they have been updated……..but that does not apply here.

I bet that boat will bring $45K-50K if it is in really nice shape and been taken care of.

Its one of the best UNLESS it hasn't been run frequently. Per two different respected Yamaha mechanics : The fiber composite gears dry out from lack of oil and become brittle and boom there she goes. Its a motor where mid to high hours are more desirable than low hours. The gears run about 400 and labor about 400 for the job.

If it were the 27 I would certainly be interested.

I have been shopping a ton over the last month would say to move it quickly mid 30s depending on the rest of the boat. If its all cherry then mid 40s maybe.
    Last edited by Strick9; 07-13-2015 at 10:12 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Thanks for the input. Boat was wet sanded compounded and waxed last year and just had the motors serviced last week.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I stand corrected.

Pm me the selling info. Interested though it may be under powered. 28ft