Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Americans in Richland County

it affects you. they are going right smack through the middle of the barn dove field.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    "Dominion Carolina, a subsidiary of energy giant Dominion Resources, operates 1,500 miles of pipeline in South Carolina and Georgia, and it is preparing to establish at least two other pipelines in the Palmetto State. Those are a 53-mile pipe between Moore and Chappells in the Upstate"

I hope this doesn't affect me. Is that selfish?
    That one barely missed me. Map is on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Its called "imminent domain" and I get it.
    That being said, I'm not sure why its MY problem that IP needs to convert to gas.

You can argue all you want about the private sector and loss of jobs but you are arguing my case FOR me. The route they plan to use is ludicrous. Any kid with a crayon would connect the dots much easier. Going around McEntire and Westinghouse sure does put a lot of PRIVATE property in harm's way.

The land to be condemned includes an ABOVE-GROUND, fenced in, crappy-looking gas coupler right at my front gate. The route goes behind our "clubhouse" and right through my dad's garden he has been planting and maintaining for years. It then snakes "down the bluff" and away from westinghouse "because of the valued wetlands" (BS) on their property. It cuts a 100ft swath including the sawtooth oaks I planted with my Dad and Mr Wilson in 1988. The same sawtooths where my son shot his biggest deer to date, a nice 10point, when he was 12. The same route cuts across that small plot to the crabapples and plum trees my twins helped me plant when they were 5 years old (2006) and I have some great pictures and memories there. The next old-growth hedgerow they will do away with includes the massive cherrybark out I killed my first deer with a bow under. I reckon they will take one of my few holly trees that I love to climb because they hide me year round that is exactly 18 steps away. Lastly, they come within a 100 yards of my duck ponds. You think they will care what time of year it is they come to destroy this 100ft swath down the length of my property? The destruction of my slice of heaven ends as they bore under Mill Creek in one of my favorite spots to watch the wood ducks come to roost. You think this wont have a negative affect on MY environment? You want to put a PRICE TAG on the affected land? You want to PAY ME for this right? How much is it worth? How much is it worth to another member that has no memory of the tree he held as a sapling? How much is it worth to IP or to the families that work there? Are you ALL gonna pay me for those memories? Are you going to pay me for the sawtooth or the crabapple? Trust me, you cant pay me enough. That tree is never coming back. All I have is the memory and it pisses me off, royally, to listen to the banter that doesnt come from the heart. None of you know what you are talking about....
    Nothing can replace memories like those or the work that has been done. I am truly sorry for your loss...

2th,

oh hell no.

Smilee,

Looks like I might get fucked. It is very close to me
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

None of you know what you are talking about....
    I resent that.

The thing is. $100M for scrubbers or new stacks for IP is completely doable for them. They don't "HAVE TO" convert to gas.

dont resent it.

you just dont have the emotional attachment to the land. thats the difference.

Eminent Domain - the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.

1. Dominion is not the government
    2. International Paper is not the "Public"

dont resent it.

you just dont have the emotional attachment to the land. thats the difference.
    You are correct. I don't have the attachment you have, but I get it. We have property and if they were cutting through it, I'm sure all hell would break out. I get it. I'm on your side 2th.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-06-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Listen. I am all patriotic and stuff....but this pushes it over the limit when a private entity benefits.
    Private entity - a paper mill - that makes paper products to be offered for sale, for profit.

Nope. They don't get to take property. There is no overwhelming public interest in pushing that gas main through private property for the purposes of selling paper.

To hell with all that bullshit.

I hate to say it, but I agree with fish.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

well "all that bullshit" will win and I will have to deal with it.

at least that is the word I am getting from the higher-ups.

and the payment offered would equal the amount it costs to plant the duck ponds and dove fields for two years.

reeltight - The problem with your argument about IP being able to drop $100M on an alternate fix is the potential negative effect on the stock price. This is one of the downsides of the market.

The price tag for the stacks may be a drop in the bucket for them but analysts and stockholders see it differently. That's a big chunk of change that would likely cause the stock price to drop. Corporations are often forced to do what is best for the stock price rather than what is best for their customers, the communities they're in, etc.

It's very likely the cheapest way for them to adhere to standards is to have this pipeline implemented. The powers that be don't care about 2th or any of the landowners. They also don't care about which route makes the most sense. They simply care that it gets done.

The attachments and memories from portions of the land is the toughest part of the whole deal.

They ran I-95 right through the middle of my family's farm. I just love listening to the fucking jake breaks in the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    reeltight - The problem with your argument about IP being able to drop $100M on an alternate fix is the potential negative effect on the stock price. This is one of the downsides of the market.

The price tag for the stacks may be a drop in the bucket for them but analysts and stockholders see it differently. That's a big chunk of change that would likely cause the stock price to drop. Corporations are often forced to do what is best for the stock price rather than what is best for their customers, the communities they're in, etc.

It's very likely the cheapest way for them to adhere to standards is to have this pipeline implemented. The powers that be don't care about 2th or any of the landowners. They also don't care about which route makes the most sense. They simply care that it gets done.
    I understand that. I answer you with the quotes below.

What gives them the right? They don't have the right so gas should not even be an option for them. Therefore, they have to pay for the stacks and scrubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Eminent Domain - the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.

1. Dominion is not the government
    2. International Paper is not the "Public"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Private entity - a paper mill - that makes paper products to be offered for sale, for profit.

Nope. They don't get to take property. There is no overwhelming public interest in pushing that gas main through private property for the purposes of selling paper.

To hell with all that bullshit.

There's a gas transmission line that runs across my property. But SC&G will not run a gas line to my house because it's 900' from the main road.

How's that fair?

well "all that bullshit" will win and I will have to deal with it.

at least that is the word I am getting from the higher-ups.

and the payment offered would equal the amount it costs to plant the duck ponds and dove fields for two years.
    How much are the "higher-ups" getting paid to tell you that your private property rights are suspended until Dominion has its way with you?

On second thought, two years of planting is one hell of a windfall. Better take it.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-06-2015 at 10:30 AM.

I wish I understood the law, but suffice it to say they can and will cut a 100ft swath thru my property whether I like it or not.

Yep...2 yrs of seed, fuel, and fertilizer will work just like KY....

2th is it worth fighting? Is there no way to draw a big enough crowd to your cause to make your voices heard? I love my land and even though I've only had it a few years there are memories tied to it that would devastate me to lose. I can't imagine how you feel with the memories you cited and the history you seem to have with your property.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Two years of seed is BS for a perpetual easement. With that said, the pipeline will come, just like the flag is coming down. It's all a matter of time unfortunately.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.