Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Americans in Richland County

Reeltight, the only way IP would shut down Eastover mill is if they were getting out of the white paper business completely in North America, which is not out of the realm of possibility. Like it or not, Boiler Mact which is enforced by the EPA is causing ALL industries in the USA that have coal fired energy to either put insanely expensive equipment on coal fired boilers, or convert to Natural gas.

Very often on here I see people complaining about jobs going overseas, this is a prime example of what it takes for industry to survive in this country. Or, you can whine and complain because it has an aesthetic effect on your property, miss out on a chance for easy money, and then whine all over again when another large sum of LOCAL jobs move overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter81 View Post
    Reeltight, the only way IP would shut down Eastover mill is if they were getting out of the white paper business completely in North America, which is not out of the realm of possibility. Like it or not, Boiler Mact which is enforced by the EPA is causing ALL industries in the USA that have coal fired energy to either put insanely expensive equipment on coal fired boilers, or convert to Natural gas.

Very often on here I see people complaining about jobs going overseas, this is a prime example of what it takes for industry to survive in this country. Or, you can whine and complain because it has an aesthetic effect on your property, miss out on a chance for easy money, and then whine all over again when another large sum of LOCAL jobs move overseas.
    You talk to me like you know who I am and what I do for a living. I could talk circles around you regarding the epa and boiler mact. I could talk circles around you about paper mills, how they operate and why? Do you think eastover would be the only mill that ip has had to put in some really expensive scrubbers on. I think not. In terms of sales dollars this project is worth about $4m to me and I'd give it up in a heart beat if it meant that dominion or ip had to condem someone's land to do it.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-05-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Well then give it up... Because if the pipeline happens I bet you they have to condemn someone's land in the route; correction, several people's property. AND Then it would cost an American job, yours.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    You talk to me like you know who I am and what I do for a living. I could talk circles around you regarding the epa and boiler mact. I could talk circles around you about paper mills, how they operate and why? Do you think eastover would be the only mill that ip has had to put in some really expensive scrubbers on. I think not. In terms of sales dollars this project is worth about $4m to me and I'd give it up in a heart beat if it meant that dominion or ip had to condem someone's land to do it.
    Nope, don't know you. Whether you could talk circles around me about Boiler Mact or paper mills is both debatable and IRRELEVANT. I only addressed you because you were arguing against the pipeline. The information I talked about was simply to give perspective to other people. So that people would consider that there is way more at stake here than whether or not somebody is unhappy about the pipeline passing through their property. I will say one last time that I do sympathize with those who don't want the pipeline on their property. But I remain supportive of the pipeline both for my own good and the well being of my coworkers.

How much would the scrubbers cost??
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Well then give it up... Because if the pipeline happens I bet you they have to condemn someone's land in the route; correction, several people's property. AND Then it would cost an American job, yours.
    My job would continue and so would IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter81 View Post
    Nope, don't know you. Whether you could talk circles around me about Boiler Mact or paper mills is both debatable and IRRELEVANT. I only addressed you because you were arguing against the pipeline. The information I talked about was simply to give perspective to other people. So that people would consider that there is way more at stake here than whether or not somebody is unhappy about the pipeline passing through their property. I will say one last time that I do sympathize with those who don't want the pipeline on their property. But I remain supportive of the pipeline both for my own good and the well being of my coworkers.
    10-4.

The fact is, there are options. Expensive...yes but to me it's better than stealing someone's land. And IP has the money to pay the expensive rout if they wanted to.

10-4.

Yes but to me it's better than stealing someone's land.
    William Harper is rolling over in his grave...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    William Harper is rolling over in his grave...
    What does he have to do with this?

Pipelines are and will always be the safest way to move fuel. Now if we can just keep every hillbilly with a backhoe and a directional drilling rig from punching holes in them, then they would be safer. Not to mention damn near everyone on this site is/was all about keystone pipeline and drill baby drill, but when that shit hits home it’s a different story. I have no affiliation with said pipeline, nor do I work for said paper plant or have property in the area.

My job would continue and so would IP.
    Best not let the boss find out about dropping 4m clients or your ass is gunna be in a sling, if you work for yourself then "the boss" will still be pissed.... You be just as fucked. If they take the land the shit is already took, nothing you can do except stay in the black. Just like dude that opposed the mill and showed up for a job.... Once it is done it's done my dude.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    If the mill goes kaput, then where will Toofer send his nasty pine trees? A gas line beats a damn powerline any day of the week, least you ain't got to look at those ugly ass poles.
    2th hates pine trees anyways
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    How much would the scrubbers cost??
    I'm not sure if they could retrofit their existing stacks, but if they have to build a new stack I'd bet it'd be in the neighborhood of $100 million

Or more....
    Last edited by cusportsman; 07-05-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Tell It Camo. It is done.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    "It would snake around McEntire Air National Guard base...." This line caught my eye. Why is the Federal government land exempt from the condemnation threat? If they are going to take private land, the Feds should certainly be subject to the same taking.
    One might ask why they paid easements right up to the front of the Westinghouse plant without being able to go THROUGH westinghouse because they had "reservations about the gas line" being on their property. I have reservations, too, but I dont get big government money. Plus, Dominion just recently bought the other company and it seems they are trying to push through a lot of these old right of ways without their due diligence.

Listen. I am all patriotic and stuff....but this pushes it over the limit when a private entity benefits.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-06-2015 at 07:02 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

SCE&G and other companies are private entities as well but they get away with it as well.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Its called "eminent domain" and I get it. (edited for spelling)
    That being said, I'm not sure why its MY problem that IP needs to convert to gas.

You can argue all you want about the private sector and loss of jobs but you are arguing my case FOR me. The route they plan to use is ludicrous. Any kid with a crayon would connect the dots much easier. Going around McEntire and Westinghouse sure does put a lot of PRIVATE property in harm's way.

The land to be condemned includes an ABOVE-GROUND, fenced in, crappy-looking gas coupler right at my front gate. The route goes behind our "clubhouse" and right through my dad's garden he has been planting and maintaining for years. It then snakes "down the bluff" and away from westinghouse "because of the valued wetlands" (BS) on their property. It cuts a 100ft swath including the sawtooth oaks I planted with my Dad and Mr Wilson in 1988. The same sawtooths where my son shot his biggest deer to date, a nice 10point, when he was 12. The same route cuts across that small plot to the crabapples and plum trees my twins helped me plant when they were 5 years old (2006) and I have some great pictures and memories there. The next old-growth hedgerow they will do away with includes the massive cherrybark out I killed my first deer with a bow under. I reckon they will take one of my few holly trees that I love to climb because they hide me year round that is exactly 18 steps away. Lastly, they come within a 100 yards of my duck ponds. You think they will care what time of year it is they come to destroy this 100ft swath down the length of my property? The destruction of my slice of heaven ends as they bore under Mill Creek in one of my favorite spots to watch the wood ducks come to roost. You think this wont have a negative affect on MY environment? You want to put a PRICE TAG on the affected land? You want to PAY ME for this right? How much is it worth? How much is it worth to another member that has no memory of the tree he held as a sapling? How much is it worth to IP or to the families that work there? Are you ALL gonna pay me for those memories? Are you going to pay me for the sawtooth or the crabapple? Trust me, you cant pay me enough. That tree is never coming back. All I have is the memory and it pisses me off, royally, to listen to the banter that doesnt come from the heart. None of you know what you are talking about....
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-06-2015 at 09:28 AM.

sce&g is taking power to the public. this is taking gas to a private company.

True but it's still a public company.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

"Dominion Carolina, a subsidiary of energy giant Dominion Resources, operates 1,500 miles of pipeline in South Carolina and Georgia, and it is preparing to establish at least two other pipelines in the Palmetto State. Those are a 53-mile pipe between Moore and Chappells in the Upstate"

I hope this doesn't affect me. Is that selfish?
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1