Thread: Hikers & Bird watchers on WMA may be required to wear orange ?

Default Hikers & Bird watchers on WMA may be required to wear orange ?

Biting my tongue.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The current wordings for bill will make archery hunters wear orange. The bill simply states deer season not firearm.

From the article:

"According to the International Hunter Education Association, hunters accidentally shoot more than 1,000 people every year in the U.S. and Canada. Most are other hunters, but not all of them."

This statistic and the statement derived from it is all over the place, as usual.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Isnt it illegal to interfere with a lawful hunt?

Wont hikers, birders and such interfere with a lawful hunt?

Do hunters interfere with hiking, biking, horseback riding, birding, 365 days a year?

With all that said...I think some common sense should apply. During gun season...stay out. Or, since we are so fond of limiting the hunting of our WMA's...half the week is open to hunting, the other half is open to recreation.

If you are on a WMA during gun season, and not wearing orange...There's simply no help for you, and there is no way to legislate common sense, or ethics.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

idk, but i do know i had a couple fuck up a hunt last turkey season cause they felt it was necessary to walk their dogs at 8:15 in the morning.

I'm for it!! So many rules for us the hunters to follow..... They need some too, or stay on palmetto trail, DONT venture off

Laws that require people to wear orange occasionally trick idiots into thinking they can shoot at moving bushes as long as there isn't any orange near it.

When I have a young hunter on my property that will be sitting in a stand by himself, I tell him that I may try to sneak up on him to see if he is paying attention. This makes him think that the movement he sees might be me and causes him to take a little more care at identifying his target. If he was expecting me to be wearing orange, he might be more likely to shoot at anything without orange.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i dont hunt with people that dont know the difference between a deer and a person.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i dont hunt with people that dont know the difference between a deer and a person.
    You've hunted with Guy like a thousand times, though...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You've hunted with Guy like a thousand times, though...

Rofl

G