Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Crawfishin'

ive never caught any. i know where i could, just havent ever got around to it. but ive had them quite a few times and i love them.

It would take you, all your buddies, kids, etc. a weeks worth of rock flipping to get enough to eat!!!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    It would take you, all your buddies, kids, etc. a weeks worth of rock flipping to get enough to eat!!!
    You need to get out more.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

that why i wouldnt flip any rocks, id just set a trap

Ok....I know about ALL upstate public waterways like the back of my hand. In my 20 plus years of navigating them I have NEVER, not NEVER seen anyone set out traps for them. Also, I have never in my life seen a red colored crawdad with the exception of half rotten ones that I've pulled out of catfish and bass guts. (Once dead, they turn an orangy color inside the fishes stomach).I've got a couple of minnow traps that I catch mud minnows in at the coast. I'll set one in the Catawba river and one in the broad river and let yall know the results....probably won't have a darn thing in them!

Not if you don't use the right bait you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

you do that.

Dude.

Just stop.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Stupid you just cant fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Dude.

Just stop.
    Last comment on this crawdad thread....so what I have learned over the last 24 hours is that the practice of trapping and eating crawdads is isolated to the santee region of the state, and that's apprarently where most of you folk live. These red colored crawdads are not our native river and creek crawdads, they were brought here and farmed around the santee area in the early part of the 20th century and have taken up in those local waters. Yall have fun with that down there!!! Don't go catch'em all now!!!

im not 100% but im pretty sure they are native. i may be wrong. but i do know they are good to eat and now i wanna try and go catch some.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 03-20-2015 at 11:14 AM.

They are not native to SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    They are not native to SC.
    10-4, i am wrong.

Where the hell do you catch enough crawdads to eat in the upstate?????
    crafty little cyber scouter aint ya?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Yall must not eat a lot of mudbugs with them little traps when yall have get togethers.
    We normally shoot for 5 -10 lbs per person.

I buy my bugs cooked and ready to eat from a shack off the buya down here. But I guess you might not be able to buy em like that in SC, I don't recall ever seeing places that sold em.

They are my favorite invasive, and it didn't take any crawfish doggers to get them here either. I am sure we will find that they are dicking up something or other before long. They arrived in Wateree several years ago and are now thick enough to catch all you want. Every critter from coons to turkeys gorge on them around here.

They sell them at the farmers market now, Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They are my favorite invasive, and it didn't take any crawfish doggers to get them here either. I am sure we will find that they are dicking up something or other before long. They arrived in Wateree several years ago and are now thick enough to catch all you want. Every critter from coons to turkeys gorge on them around here.
    haha. crawfish dogger.

I may or may not know a guy that transported a couple 50qt coolers to a farm pond in the upstate.

Need to make you a crawfish boil table.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 03-20-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    haha. crawfish dogger.

I may or may not know a guy that transported a couple 50qt coolers to a farm pond in the upstate.
    Yeah you want to be careful with that. These bugs can play hell on earthen dams, and with the topography of the upstate...