Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk friends....

Default Lets talk friends....

How many of you have lost "your spot" to a "friend"? Did you get mad? After all it is public and he has every right to be there just like you.

Did you show the spot to said "friend"?

Unfortunately

I don't show people my spots unless they are willing to reciprocate and provide spots as well. No free rides. With that being said my brother did burn me by showing his girlfriends dad one of our holes. The dude built a travesty of a blind and hunted it until the blind somehow ended up in the river and became smallmouth bass habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutm jack View Post
    I don't show people my spots unless they are willing to reciprocate and provide spots as well. No free rides. With that being said my brother did burn me by showing his girlfriends dad one of our holes. The dude built a travesty of a blind and hunted it until the blind somehow ended up in the river and became smallmouth bass habitat.
    piss poor

Bet you won't make that mistake twice.

if he was a friend then there should have never been any doubt that the spot would not be taken over. to me that's just bull shit.

Yep and it still ticks me off.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Let me clarify since I do have some friends on here reading this. This is not recent.

No but it would make me mad if he just up and started hunting it with out seing if I had plans to first.

or you get this response "I'm not going to the spot but I'm going to hunt next to it".

or worse you ask the night before if they are hunting and they say no. You get to the ramp and guess who's pick-up is there.

Sounds like you need to do better at picking "friends". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Sounds like you need to do better at picking "friends". LOL
    Exactly. Its a cut throat game I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowler View Post
    or worse you ask the night before if they are hunting and they say no. You get to the ramp and guess who's pick-up is there.
    Well then old buddy, old pal, would be calling AAA.

We sure wouldn't be friends much longer

I have hunted spot that my friends have hunted before. I always send them a message and make sure they arent planning on hunting it first. I have also had people hunt my spot without letting me know first. With that being said if im not there and the X is on my spot good on you for getting the birds. Cant kill'em if your in the bed or in the office. Guess that my reason i havent even got my waders out of my hunting room this year.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    I have hunted spot that my friends have hunted before. I always send them a message and make sure they arent planning on hunting it first. I have also had people hunt my spot without letting me know first. With that being said if im not there and the X is on my spot good on you for getting the birds. Cant kill'em if your in the bed or in the office. Guess that my reason i havent even got my waders out of my hunting room this year.
    You must have been shown that spot by a friend then....

Even on public, if you show a friend a spot, they should clear it with you before going there again. That's just the way it is, and any other way results in a parking lot in your favorite spot next time you visit it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckngoose View Post
    You must have been shown that spot by a friend then....

Even on public, if you show a friend a spot, they should clear it with you before going there again. That's just the way it is, and any other way results in a parking lot in your favorite spot next time you visit it.
    No not really me and my hunting partner usually scout together to save fuel costs because we hunt about a hour from the house. We agree that if one has time to go then go. Theres no hard feelings. There have been times that we bith show up to the ramp at the same time planning to hunt solo or bringing our fathers along. We do a coin flip and go on our way. We always have atleast 2 spots per wind direction we can hunt. Hell its public better have a backup plan.

I think I already know the answer but was said "friend" with you when spot was found or did you find the spot yourself and "show and tell".
    Non Supporting Member