Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First week Pics

Im here to say this, shooting tamies is bullshit. But SC sucks when it comes to holding wintering ducks unlike other states. Hell even NC looks like duck heaven compared to its southern neighbor. I have yet to understand the reasoning for the lack of foreign ducks in SC. But to me does the Mallard release program hurt ducks like tamies do? Because on a couple leases of mine I have often contemplated releasing birds to help the numbers but if its like shooting tamies then I will not be taking part in it. I am so sick and tired of wannabe half assed hunters posting on the internet in SC all the ducks they kill when most are tamies. I have this punk ass 16 year old kid that talks so much shit about all these ducks he kills and all his bands but he never likes to admit they are all from Belton. Him and daddys money buy a blind for the year there every year and its funny how he tries to bum hunt with me on days he doesn't hunt there. If you shoot tamies good for you dont get on the internet posting your pics like you are somebody. Hell on the way to Enoree WMA i could have killed hundreds of farm raised turkeys but I choose to chase the wild birds fair and square.

[QUOTE=MorningWoody;1830236] But to me does the Mallard release program hurt ducks like tamies do? QUOTE]

You sound really confused.
    DILLIGAF

Roger that.

One and the same there, kimosabe

Ok I wasnt sure if they were the same thing, I thought they may be just wasnt sure. Continue withe the bashing of this killer of water chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    You can even see the nub toe on one of the mallards...

I'm very much a live-and-let-live person but in this case, their chosen method of shooting ducks affects us all.

It negatively effects migratory and breeding mallards. It negatively effects American black ducks. It negatively effects public opinion. It negatively effects the experience of hunters that chose to not participate in shooting release mallards. It negatively effects wild birds that are lured into gun range by release birds. It negatively effects population and harvest counts and skews federal frameworks for seasons. And, it draws money from legitimate waterfowl organizations.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
    Affect: have an effect on/influence.
    Effect: Result or outcome.

Carry on.
    Carolina Counsel

This to me is a tough one. On One hand I realize the negatives of the mrp, but on the other hand I see the positives. Without the mrp there would be vertualy no ducks Right now in sc except in the coastal rice fields. The amount of wild birds that are on ponds in Clarendon county is Incredible. Most of you on here have no idea. Also the amount of ponds that are being created every year is drawing more and more wild birds to this area. Another thing it Draws is money. people are spending A lot of money to shoot ducks. Clarendon county needs all the help it can get and this is bringing money and jobs into this county. I may catch some hell for saying That but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.
    Last edited by santee11; 12-08-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Affect: have an effect on/influence.
    Effect: Result or outcome.

Carry on.
    Thanks.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    This to me is a tough one. On One hand I realize the negatives of the mrp, but on the other hand I see the positives. Without the mrp there would be vertualy no ducks Right now in sc except in the coastal rice fields. The amount of wild birds that are on ponds in Clarendon county is Incredible. Most of you on here have no idea. Also the amount of ponds that are being created every year is drawing more and more wild birds to this area. Another thing it Draws is money. people are spending A lot of money to shoot ducks. Clarendon county needs all the help it can get and this is bringing money and jobs into this county. I may catch some hell for saying That but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.
    Great, why not build the ponds and not release ducks? The wild ducks aren't there for the tamie company. They're there for the corn.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

Its not hunting, its killing. Same as killing pen raised quail. Same as fishing a stocked pond. Same as catching trout and small mouth in a river they are not indigenous to. Same as catching trout stocked in a mountain stream. Same as catching stripers in most lakes and rivers in this state. Ya'll are a jealous bunch. Given half the chance to shoot a pond in Clarendon County, the vast majority on here would jump on it. Of course, you can talk crap sitting at your computer because most of your "buddies" would come on here and bash you.
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 12-08-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Adk the taime mallards draw in the wild ducks. Most folks that release ducks don't give a crap about shooting the release ducks. They are there to be decoys, and it works.

Did I mention that I see more pintails now per year in Clarendon county than I do wild quail.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Its not hunting, its killing. Same as killing pen raised quail. Same as fishing a stocked pond. Same as catching trout and small mouth in a river they are not indigenous to. Same as catching trout stocked in a mountain stream. Same as catching stripers in most lakes and rivers in this state. Ya'll are a jealous bunch. Given half the chance to shoot a pond in Clarendon County, the vast majority on here would jump on it. Of course, you can talk crap sitting at your computer because most of your "buddies" would come on here and bash you.

Yea I don't care how many invites I got I would never go hunt a tamie pond, in fact I was shocked and appalled when I found out this pen raised mallard shit was true. I hold ducks in a little more high esteem than fish so I understand your argument just not agreeing completely. My brother bought a boat in monks corner and got to talking to the salesman about duck hunting and the guys acts high and mighty about paying to kill tamies and he doesn't really like shooting mallards but prefers more "exotic" birds like wigeon.

My brother let that shit spew for about five minutes then dropped the "you're a fuckin homo hammer". Plus having pics of hundreds of dead "exotic" wigeon tends to shut people up.

I'm astounded by the ignorance on this site. Most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.
    Don't pull the "you would if you could" bullshit card. The vast majority of us pay way more to go OOS and kill wild birds. The day I pay someone to release ducks for me is the day I will quit hunting. Money and jobs? are you kidding me? Tamie shoots are a pathetic display of waterfowling intended to entertain week minded and lazy people. I call it like I see it and it offends you then go fuck yourself. I wouldn't piss on a tamie shooter if he was on fire. The lowest scum is someone who thinks only about themselves and not about the future and preserving a natural resource.
    Santee11 wake up, get off you ass, leave the tamie pond and you will see that there are real ducks all over this state and people that put the time in will kill them.
    Last edited by Griffin; 12-08-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Adk the taime mallards draw in the wild ducks. Most folks that release ducks don't give a crap about shooting the release ducks. They are there to be decoys, and it works.
    You're telling me that if there were no tamies there wouldn't be any ducks on 40 acres of flooded corn?

Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

and that is illegal
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by adk View Post
    You're telling me that if there were no tamies there wouldn't be any ducks on 40 acres of flooded corn?

Seriously?
    Guess the santee delta doesn't hold any ducks because they don't use tamies. Are you people really that fucking stupid?

If can figure out how to up load a pic I will show you what's killed in what you call tamie ponds.

If can figure out how to up load a pic I will show you what's killed in what you call tamie ponds.
    Don't waste your time, that proves nothing. There are hundreds of corn ponds in this state that kill piles of ducks without releasing ducks. You have no argument

Yall really think that people just shoot release ducks on the ponds in Clarendon county? The pay to play places have all kinds of folks hunting from the ones that just want to kill a Duck to the ones that just want to kill a wild duck. Most of the ponds are private and they don't shoot release ducks.

Yall really think that people just shoot release ducks on the ponds in Clarendon county? The pay to play places have all kinds of folks hunting from the ones that just want to kill a Duck to the ones that just want to kill a wild duck. Most of the ponds are private and they don't shoot release ducks.
    No actually I stated that there are ponds across the state that don't shoot tamies. Are you in politics because you sure are good at crawdadin' around and not answering anything