Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Way west

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Still a month in a half. Those birds will be across the state line eventually.

Getting real tired of wigeon and pintails.

True that, it's such a rough life "having to shoot sprig and wigeon". I'll trade you some mallards for pintail.

Nice work, hope to be out there next year!

I wish I could get tired of shooting wigeon and pintails

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    I wish I could get tired of shooting wigeon and pintails

Me too! I'm an equal opportunistic killer. The day I get sick of killing a pintail is the day they put me six feet into the ground. Same with a wigeon, hearing them flying into a spread whistling away warms my soul.

Can I have the curls?!
    867-5309

Default Way west

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Can I have the curls?!

If you want them haha. My buddy keeps them and showed me his 3 1 gallon bags full of curls. I guess his wife is making a duck wreath with them.
    Last edited by Cutm jack; 12-05-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Can I have the curls?!

If you're serious I'll bring you a gallon bag full of them.

Getting real tired of wigeon and pintails.
    Said no one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by phfelkel View Post
    Said no one ever.
    Live on the Pacific coast and you'll understand. Not being a snob, but our local mallards have been killed or educated. We need a push of fresh mallards to keep it entertaining.
    2 nights ago, i had about 30 ducks in the decoys in a couple hour hunt. Everyone was a pintail. Get your 2, then what?

Wigeon, my all time favorite duck. But, they are about equivalent to a spoony at delta east.

Not complaining, but.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I smell ya. Guess its all about perspective.

Live on the Pacific coast and you'll understand. Not being a snob, but our local mallards have been killed or educated. We need a push of fresh mallards to keep it entertaining.
    2 nights ago, i had about 30 ducks in the decoys in a couple hour hunt. Everyone was a pintail. Get your 2, then what?

Wigeon, my all time favorite duck. But, they are about equivalent to a spoony at delta east.

Not complaining, but.....
    ......."What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
    "You don't even know him."
    " Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him."

Nah still sounds like complaining to me. Thinking a man with 30 pintails in his spread should count his blessings and enjoy the day. It's not all about that blood in your eye. Although I REALLY like to kill shit too....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    ......."What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
    "You don't even know him."
    " Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him."

Nah still sounds like complaining to me. Thinking a man with 30 pintails in his spread should count his blessings and enjoy the day. It's not all about that blood in your eye. Although I REALLY like to kill shit too....

Wow. Never looked at it like that. Thanks!!
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Took longer to put out the decoys than it did to kill three limits.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417898284.307703.jpg

Why in the world did you move here when you could shoot all that when you wanted!

Why in the world did you move here when you could shoot all that when you wanted!

I didn't have a choice I left kicking and screaming.

I want to go to the west coast BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I want to go to the west coast BAD!
    Overrated out here. Hippies and foul weather. Way more fun in Arkansas.

Keep the pics coming.

When Uncle Sam says go, you go.

Good killing cut em. Firts round of clays is on me next time I'm back on JBC.
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-06-2014 at 11:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No wonder we aren't killing shit right now...

Haven't had a push of any fresh birds in over 3 weeks. 70 degrees and zero wind with stale birds will make you want to punch a puppy...
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Default Way west

Decided to change gears and go jump shoot a little off the grid spot I found years ago. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418000750.956083.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418000764.522367.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418000789.038108.jpg

That pheasant has the longest tail of anyone I've ever shot. Damn near 28 inches the same length as my barrel.
    Last edited by Cutm jack; 12-07-2014 at 08:09 PM.