Thread: 04 27hp kohler cv740s motor help

Default 04 27hp kohler cv740s motor help

Was riding the friday before season scouting when i noticed oil pouring out the side. so i stopped cut it off and got towed back in. looks like the main engine seal on the block is leaking so I ordered a new one. Any advice on making the replacement of the seal easier? any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Ive never pulled the engine apart on a motor like this before. I heard if i take the engine off frame and flip it up side down when i pull bottom half off all parts will stay with the top and can just change the seal? is this true?

Try youtube.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

A little money upfront without frustration and peace of mind always beats having to pay someone more to put what you messed up back together.

it's a pretty damn easy fix but if you are asking this type of questions then you should be paying someone to do it. Not being a dick, just trying to save you money in the long run
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I got a buddy i talked to that rebuilt one with same problem 2 weeks ago who said hes going to help me now!! hope it goes smooth.

Where you located?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Charleston area