Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camera dump

I cancelled my trip Sprig. Thanks for the offer. It meant a lot.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I cancelled my trip Sprig. Thanks for the offer. It meant a lot.
    No worries. If you get the opportunity again, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

This past week, Sunday through Turkey day. We are still holding a few birds.
    All public land, non-refuge type of public land. Couple evening hunts, a couple morning hunts. Every hunt this year has been Solo, except Turkey day, finally talked a buddy to make the hour drive down. Real fun hunt yesterday, tried to work on the dog from breaking, a habit she just recently perfected.

Turkey Day

Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Great week!

A true 40knot blow today delivered a bonus Euro critter

Launched my boat sunday and explored the interior marsh for the first time. We had what you know as "tailing tides". Here a big flood is like a crack fix for ducks. Feeding on vegetation they only get to see a few times of the month. This shoot was from 11am-130pm. Found a bunch of blinds built just for these shoots. picked one and cant wait for the next big floods.

quick walk in hunt after work.

Great stuff Sprig!

I need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    A true 40knot blow today delivered a bonus Euro critter

Launched my boat sunday and explored the interior marsh for the first time. We had what you know as "tailing tides". Here a big flood is like a crack fix for ducks. Feeding on vegetation they only get to see a few times of the month. This shoot was from 11am-130pm. Found a bunch of blinds built just for these shoots. picked one and cant wait for the next big floods.

quick walk in hunt after work.

Looks like the weather should be sporty the next few days especially out your way. Nice euro, they seem to be thick this year.

Had me a true Rubberhead encounter this morning. Actually first time I've seen duck hunters all year. Hear them, but folks are spread out.

Hunt this great walk in area, it is .4 miles to some flooded fields. 5 fields total, each field can easily hunt a group. A buddy drove an hour to come hunt and we were/are in storm warning. Winds to 70kts forecasted. Get to parking lot and see a truck..thats a first?

well, we walk in, head into the middle field, walking the ditch line in. head lamps on, talking etc. Set up decoys, we were about 10 minutes late. Wigeon bank in while we are standing putting decoys out, BOOM BOOM!!

Holy shit! I yell...see 2 guys stand up. Literally 70 yds away. I say, of course, WTF! Then i walk over there. Bastards had been there the entire time, decoys out, goose decoys etc. We walked 5 yds from their spread.

Asked if they saw us, "Yes", asked if they saw us putting out decoys, "yes"

"WHY IN THE FUCK DIDNT YOU SAY ANYTHING"?? "WHY DIDNT YOU TURN A LIGHT ON"?

I thought you guys saw us and didnt care? How in the hell can i see you when its blowing 40kts, raining horizontal and black as hell?

I'm still pissed. Packed real quick, chewed their ass one more time, went to a different field. Shit could of got dangerous real quick. We were standing 70 yds straight down wind.

Good stuff especially that Euro
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Man I thought you didn't have those there. I guess there's at least one group everywhere.

Huh?

He lives in the one part of the country that consistently produces them every freaking year......
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 12-09-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Rubberheads!

Quote Originally Posted by jon428 View Post
    Man I thought you didn't have those there. I guess there's at least one group everywhere.
    I think its a perfect example of why people shouldnt be chicken shit to approach someone and let them know they are wrong. You know me, I never have a problem with it. Some people just dont know.

Technically, he can tell the same story about some idiots walking right by them and hunting 70 yds downwind?? I'm still a little shook up. 70 yds will blind you if not hurt the shit out of you.

squatty missed the 2nd post

Had me a true Rubberhead encounter this morning. Actually first time I've seen duck hunters all year. Hear them, but folks are spread out.

Hunt this great walk in area, it is .4 miles to some flooded fields. 5 fields total, each field can easily hunt a group. A buddy drove an hour to come hunt and we were/are in storm warning. Winds to 70kts forecasted. Get to parking lot and see a truck..thats a first?

well, we walk in, head into the middle field, walking the ditch line in. head lamps on, talking etc. Set up decoys, we were about 10 minutes late. Wigeon bank in while we are standing putting decoys out, BOOM BOOM!!

Holy shit! I yell...see 2 guys stand up. Literally 70 yds away. I say, of course, WTF! Then i walk over there. Bastards had been there the entire time, decoys out, goose decoys etc. We walked 5 yds from their spread.

Asked if they saw us, "Yes", asked if they saw us putting out decoys, "yes"

"WHY IN THE FUCK DIDNT YOU SAY ANYTHING"?? "WHY DIDNT YOU TURN A LIGHT ON"?

I thought you guys saw us and didnt care? How in the hell can i see you when its blowing 40kts, raining horizontal and black as hell?

I'm still pissed. Packed real quick, chewed their ass one more time, went to a different field. Shit could of got dangerous real quick. We were standing 70 yds straight down wind.
    Dang, glad it ended that way and not worse!

Sprig your season thus far looks awesome. I'm absolutely sure you miss SC public water. Keep sending the pictures.

squatty missed the 2nd post
    Ah the rubberheads.....

Those are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Ah the rubberheads.....

Those are everywhere!
    Everywhere and been around since the first hairy knuckled dude made a canvasback decoy out of papyrus.

Good stuff buddy. glad to hear echo is enjoying herself!