Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blood pressure

Default blood pressure

I am a 26 year old very active white dude. I usually work out 4-5 times a week either weight lifting or a crossfit workout. I don't eat great, but I try to eat fairly healthy. 5' 10'' 200lbs about 10-12% body fat. All of that being said I have some sinus issues and usually take a zyrtec about every day. I went to the dr sat with a sinus infection and my bp was 160/90. I have checked it a few times since, and it has been 135/70 to 160/80. I know antihistamines can make it a little higher, but idk what the deal is. I am going to cut down on my sodium the next few days and keep tabs on it. It is just crazy to me that I may have to go on blood pressure meds at 26 living the way I have been. Any of you medical professionals have any ideas, or have any guys had similar problems. I just don't like taking medicine.

Does either of your parents have issues with b/p? If so, you can thank them for it. Same thing with cholesterol. Both are hereditary.

Nope neither one...my dad doesn't even eat near as good as I do and his bp is fine(he's also overweight). His dad did have a heart attack at 45, but he smoke and drank pretty heavy. That'll prob be me.

My son is your age and his BP runs higher than yours. That's just where his runs. The bottom number is the one you should watch, if it runs above 90 on a consistent basis you should speak to your Dr. Kyle's runs around 190 over 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Krasko View Post
    My son is your age and his BP runs higher than yours. That's just where his runs. The bottom number is the one you should watch, if it runs above 90 on a consistent basis you should speak to your Dr. Kyle's runs around 190 over 75.
    Has he been to the dr with his?

I am 28 and have been on blood pressure medicine for two years. Sounds like I am close to your size and have the same life style. Got it from my dad and every doctor I have seen said it was only a matter of time before I would need to start taking a pill for it. He found out about his when he entered the Army so he started taking a pill when he was younger than us.
    As for sodium, I never but salt on my food. But I always had high sodium levels. At the time I was drinking alot of Gatorades. Stopped drinking them along with soft drinks and I felt like a new man.

Were you nervous for your appointment?

I'm the same way except 6'1" 205lbs. Doc will keep me on bop mess until I'm at 195. But I can't seem to get past 200. I also have sinus issues. I wonder if there's some correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    I'm the same way except 6'1" 205lbs. Doc will keep me on bop mess until I'm at 195. But I can't seem to get past 200. I also have sinus issues. I wonder if there's some correlation.
    I honestly think there is millero...I have talked to a couple guys a little older than me on bp meds, and they all have sinus issues. I wonder if it's related to the inflammation due to the constant crap with my sinuses. I wonder if it could be from eating food that I'm sensitive to cause inflammation in my circulatory system or just the sodium.

My doc said the sodium probably doesn't affect mine. I try not to eat high salt foods.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Has he been to the dr with his?
    Yes. Just got out of the Army. Dr told him to not be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Were you nervous for your appointment?
    Winner winner. I had my nuts crushed a few years ago in a horse wreck and went to the doctor. He told when I got there that my BP was high, I looked at him and said "no shit and you went to med school. I am at the doctor because I fucked up my nuts an I still have a lot of plans for using them, of course it's high, I am wound up tighter than a ticks ass". He got the point.
    cut\'em

Did your balls recover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

E, where are you cross fitting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Isn't zyrtec a decongestant?

Peedee do you use tobacco?
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    "I'm a heterosexual Male.... wanna catch me cheating??? Bait me with pussy...."

I went on a BP pill at 24yo when mine was running about 195/115. Doc told me to lose weight, eat better, kick the dip, and check it daily when I first wake up. After a year of meds and doing all of the above, I got it down to 130/65.

Biggest motivator: the BP pill affects another part of your anatomy, so I was in a hurry to get off it.
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    Did your balls recover?

Yea but they were swole up and tender for a bit.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Isn't zyrtec a decongestant?
    This... I would take a claritin regular strength nothing with a decongestant. I am on blood pressure pills every day and I'm 34 been on them for awhile. I can thank my mom for mine though. Drink no caffeine for a week and stay away from boxed and fast food and see what happens. It should go down a lot.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Caffeine, tobacco, Sodium, Stress, etc. Take them all out. It sucks.

The paleo diet works.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14