Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What you fellers gonna be hunting out of this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Cajun: looks like you need some helper springs or air bags on the expedition to level that sucker out!
    That's just his Conway squat or whatever they call it.

Nothing looks quite as traditional as a Chapman pushing through the South Louisiana marsh!
    Who's the Chapman? May be some long lost kin.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I don't have a picture as this will be my first year without my War Eagle... But I will be hunting out of a Tarpon12 kayak hauled by my flats boat around Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Ron Chapman Shipwright is the manufacturer of the pirogue in the pic. They are by far the best in my opinion which is why I own three of them!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Ron Chapman Shipwright is the manufacturer of the pirogue in the pic. They are by far the best in my opinion which is why I own three of them!
    how much those suckers run new? used?

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    I don't have a picture as this will be my first year without my War Eagle... But I will be hunting out of a Tarpon12 kayak hauled by my flats boat around Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades.
    And you will surely kill your share of teal and ring necks from that combo down there! I may be joining you in a couple years if the Coast Guard sees fit to send me back to Florida next time I'm up for transfer! That is, if I don't head back north to Alaska!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Since we are on the topic, which Chapman should a big fella (250 lbs) look at? I see the weight on the Canebrake but I also like the 10' LOA.
    cut\'em

Nothing looks quite as traditional as a Chapman pushing through the South Louisiana marsh!
    That 'rogue my buddy is in in the picture was a cheap loaner, looks like a Chapman but it's cheap chopper gun boat. We borrowed them a few times last season, they got the job done but by far Chapman's are the best out there and I own two of them.

Folks around here would be best suited with the Cottonmouth boat that Chapman makes. Carries a load, more stable, yet light enough to carry solo and can carry two people.

The Canebrake IMO is a crawfish boil, chill some beer and tiny Cajun boat, just too small for hunting. The Copperhead is my best (fastest) boat but at 22" across the floor it'll be way too narrow for the average SC hunter and hunting load.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Welded Duracraft 1436 with a Yamaha 20hp. I bought the boat new after Hugo flattened my 1959 14' starcraft. I got the motor two years ago because I wanted an electric start.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

15' Tracker flat - bottom with a 12hp Copperhead. Not a bad little rig even with a dent in the hull (thanks to a t-post) and cracked up steel flex.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 10-01-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've got a custom rogue I will be float hunting with this year.

DO NOT get the Canebrake!!!!! You will not enjoy the experience!! Unless of course, youre a little fella that weighs less than 150lbs and you still wouldnt have room to carry any gear. Besides, it sits so deep in the water because of the small size that it kills the shallow water performance.

I use the Cottonmouths and love them. I can haul myself and a big load of decoys and gear with no problem. In a pinch, and only in very shallow marsh, I have hauled another man too and from the big boat to the decoy spread. It doesn't leave much freeboard and its not fun, but it is possible.

Whats the turn around time on the pirogues and how bad does it hurt to have it shipped to SC? regular rails or vinyl rails?
    Thinking about ordering one.
    cut\'em

My cottonmouth or native ultimate will likely see most use this year unless i have company in which case ill probably use the war eagle or prodrive
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I will be hitching a ride this season

Same old same
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Whats the turn around time on the pirogues and how bad does it hurt to have it shipped to SC? regular rails or vinyl rails?
    Thinking about ordering one.

Let me know. I am considering ordering two Cottonmouths and being done with it. Tired of borrowing...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You need a bigger boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Same old same
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.