Thread: Farmers/LO's

Default Farmers/LO's

Anyone know of a good drain tile installation company here in SC?

I doubt they do it but I'm sure they would know someone who does. Call Guess Farm/Valley Irrigation in St. Matthews. Ask for William Taber
    803-793-8500

What is a "tile"? I've heard people say that before, but I've never seen an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    What is a "tile"? I've heard people say that before, but I've never seen an example.

They are called tiles because they used to be made out of terra cotta like you see on roof tiles on Spanish architechure. We have miles of old terra cotta that have silted in and quit working over the years. I need a good bit replaced by a company that has the specific plastic tile laying machinery to do the job fast and right. Looking for a landowner who has had a positive past experience with such a company.

I know a couple growers with rigs but not a specific company that does it besides your common land clearing/heavy equipment guys.

Coon Hunter any contacts?

I dropped our silage cutter into an ancient drain tile a few years ago. My head about went through the roof of the cab and everything went black for a few seconds. I had no idea what happened. Don't care to ever do that again.

I use Cattle Creek Equipment-Mark Easterling (803)- 600-6497. He is a land clearing heavy equipment man but does a fine job and has one of the finest operators I have ever watched run. As far as a man who does just drain tile-Bates Bolen (Boland) don't know him or his company name personally but he is the go to man in this area for someone who can drain water. I use Cattle Creek because I know it will be made right if there is an issue. Been working on a place we should be duck hunting for two years he comes out every once and a while and make sure I am flowing because that's the kind of guy he is. But Bolen has a good reputation. I saw a job he did where he drained a bottom across a SAND hill where he had to dig a 12 foot wide trench with a track hoe to place the equipment in. And it drains. It was impressive

Mark's as good as they come and does damn fine work.
    cut\'em