Thread: Song For Your Funeral

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Song For Your Funeral

What songs do you want sung at your funeral?

For me, just like my Dad had, I want 'On The Wings of a Snow White Dove':

And at the first of the funeral since there will probably be some Tsalagi speakers there and because of how the language flows so smoothly I want 'Amazing Grace'
    sung in the Tsalagi tongue:

I also want the Tsalagi 'Morning Song' sung. It's a morning greeting song/chant.

This version is by Walela, a group of 3 women. Rita Coolidge, Priscilla Coolidge and Priscilla's daughter Laura Satterfield. The Coolidge sisters are all Tsalagi and
    were raised in the native tongue. Most people didn't know Rita was Tsalagi until much later in her career.

At the graveside I want 'Amazing Grace' again, but this time done with bagpipes for my "other blood". To me there is no more beautiful, haunting and stirring sound
    than 'Amazing Grace' done on the bagpipes. This version starts solo then at around :55 the rest come in.

After that anyone what wants to can step up to the hole and pee on my grave. I'm sure there will be a lot of takers that didn't have the balls to try and pee on me
    in life cause it would have cost them too much.
    -----------------------------------
    Here's an unusual version of "I'll Fly Away" done by Rising Appalachia. The beat picks up strong about halfway through.

But I think I like the original better. Especially when Alison Krauss does it:

Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-15-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."