Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corn and bean row width

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Two row planter, I need to measure the tire distance, but when I looked yesterday I don't think I would be running over the rows.
    When you make the second pass you may be running over a row to get your spacing correct, even if the planter is not tracking the tire in the first pass.

Hence the reason for half the tractor tire spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Thats how my two row is set up. I plant by running tire in tire track. Have just enough room to spray with my atv.

So you have 2 rows at 25",then a 35" row and then 2 more at 25"?

That's what you would get with 60 in tire spacing and 25 in row spacing,......running down the same tire track.

Look Lab you are planting food plots not growing crops for a living. If everything works on 30inch centers you would be best to leave it, drill your beans if you can. As for your chemical application, be careful spraying with a fourwheeler, these chemicals are no joke and will really fuck you up (more than you already are). Roundup is not the sole answer anymore and its overuse and reliance on it has caused some major agrian issues with resistance. Do you have a private applicators license? Be careful, buy some tyvex suits and a respirator. Think meth labs.
    cut\'em