Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever seen a Rubitrux?

no but I plan on going when I get it done. More to watch though, not about to scratch this thing all up climbing rocks as much as i'm gonna have in it. The daughter is gonna have a sweet first ride from the hospital.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Yeah.... Better go to uwharrie prior to paint. Primer that SOB and have fun.

Did you do lockers?
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 06-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.

no its a rare military bronco. they sent 120 to the military in 67 to replace the jeep. They ended up being used to ride around officers. There is only about 20 known to still exist. This one will still have some military stuff left in it but will still have some modern touches. Trying to keep it as original as possible but its gotta have some tires and a winch
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

That is a rare SOB!

Yeah, my bro has two winches. Fancy ass rear tire carrier winch bumper... Spilt diff, lockers, the racing motor, roll cage, lights, badass seats, disc brakes, too much to say. He has the equipment to build a lot of custom badass stuff. Custom Skelton doors, top, the cage, the front bumper, the floor boards (replaced)... Before my grandad died he called that thin "Jays junk car" I still call it that

I'd drive that rig
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Wash your mouth out.... That's a three on the tree
    Hooks,
    Con is young, he just doesn't know. My ride at CU in '71 was a Ford Falcon, 6cyl, 3 on the tree and no AC, but I did have 8 track going on.

I want a 63 falcon ranchero!

I learned to shift a 3 on the tree in a falcon with the six in it. That Bronco is bad ass and I might can help you with parts if you need any. I got some BFG's for it. Only 1 has a nail in it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

been tempted to see if you wanted to sell em back, but I think I may go with 32's on factory wheels.

when I get it done, maybe I can take you up on the tour of your lake, i'll let you take it for a spin

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Hooks,
    Con is young, he just doesn't know. My ride at CU in '71 was a Ford Falcon, 6cyl, 3 on the tree and no AC, but I did have 8 track going on.
    Come on man - I know what 3 on da tree is!

The day we brought my Bronco home, my dad was "teaching me" how to shift and warning me how much power that 351w had. Well we were on a slight incline when he revved it up a tad and popped it down into first, and up went the front tires, about 2 feet off the ground!

Unfortunately for me, my mom was standing in the garage and witnessed the whole thing... which led to me having to sell it some months later.

I will own another early bronco... one day!
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

better plan on forking out some money. They aint cheap anymore, but they are an investment if you take care of them

“The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

just pay real close attention to rust.

It's my dream truck.

I am jealous as shit PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    just pay real close attention to rust.
    And holes where rust use to be

I get it done, you and little brother come and we will go for a ride,

mine is solid as a rock. Thing that turned people away from it was the inline 6. Everyone wants a v8. My dad had an old Fairmont with the same 200 6 in it that he put 330,000 on. They are solid motors and bulletproof. With the 4.11 gears and low first gear, its got plenty of power for me.

'89 F-150 w/ a 347 Stroker. Clear is peeling but that's just character. Gonna be for sale soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images