Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Skinny on Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    The dentist is talking frontier jibberish.
    Authentic frontier jibberish there gabby
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

What about fluoride in the water, does that offset the sweets I eat by any chance?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Who dissects water? Shit I drunk enough everyday for most everyone viewing grok forum! Comes in a bottle( mergie showed us you could contain it in a membrane) unscrew and hydrate! Coconut water is great too.

Original thread(my input and experience) do away w pasta altogether. String cut your veggies into noodles. I eat a lot of salads. Top them with some sort of meat and vinegar and some pepper(black, crushed red, jalapeños or banana). You can eat healthy easily but it takes practice. Glenn's right in the fact that most restaurants will cater to what you want. My hardest thing to give up has been sodas. I work my ass off during the day and do wod at night or early in the am. If you want a better life, body, mind it takes repetition self discipline and time. I never ate a bunch of bread before so staying away from that wasn't so hard. My pops actually introduced me to quinoa. Not bad stuff but very seldom do I eat that. I am not on any "named" diet. I just know what my body functions better on than others. Damn diet poets
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Maybe I'm weird but regardless of what I eat, I feel no better nor worse. What say ya'll?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I say that ain't the case with me. But I'd bet you could feel better and don't even know it.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

dairy is not a necessary dietary ingredient AT ALL. I love it when parents blame their kids cavities on the fact that "she didnt drink milk as a child." No shit, Mom. She drank juice or soda. nice parenting....

Y'all are too blinded to realize how close Glenn and I are on this debate. The only thing I see differently is the order of importance of food (veggies > meat) and the inclusion of some unrefined whole grains. THAT'S IT.

I am just trying to educate some of you on the difference between "i love the paleo diet because I can eat meat, meat, and more meat" and the "i love the paleo lifestyle because I have learned to eat some vegetables for my carbs, instead of bread and really enjoy my Crossfit workouts." There is a BIG difference between the two and one I want people to make sure they are aware of. With Glenn's new Crossfit gym open, I just like to make him think. Good thing his brain works a whole helluva lot better than most of you....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Maybe I'm weird but regardless of what I eat, I feel no better nor worse. What say ya'll?
    It doesn't happen over the course of one meal. It takes days. People who detox off of sugar and refined grains go through a withdrawal that last about 5-7 days where they actually feel like crap before they start to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    dairy is not a necessary dietary ingredient AT ALL. I love it when parents blame their kids cavities on the fact that "she didnt drink milk as a child." No shit, Mom. She drank juice or soda. nice parenting....

Y'all are too blinded to realize how close Glenn and I are on this debate. The only thing I see differently is the order of importance of food (veggies > meat) and the inclusion of some unrefined whole grains. THAT'S IT.

I am just trying to educate some of you on the difference between "i love the paleo diet because I can eat meat, meat, and more meat" and the "i love the paleo lifestyle because I have learned to eat some vegetables for my carbs, instead of bread and really enjoy my Crossfit workouts." There is a BIG difference between the two and one I want people to make sure they are aware of. With Glenn's new Crossfit gym open, I just like to make him think. Good thing his brain works a whole helluva lot better than most of you....
    You've created you're whole problem in your head. Paleo practitioners eat more vegetables than vegetarians

Drop your "it's low carb" mantra and see the light.

dammit tater.

you proved my point. I dont talk carbs at all. I am only showing people where carbs actually come from and that certain unrefined whole grains can be included in a healthy diet.

Oh really?

Hey 2th....give us some examples of these unrefined whole grains that you speak of.

Newsflash, paleo eaters could care less about carbs, how many carbs we ingest or how you perceive or classify them. I know that fucks your argument, but that's just the way it is.

I like Ezekiel bread. Good source of grains, fiber, and protein.

Here's some really good information on the topic. Do yourself a favor and watch the video.

yes, Tater. Really.

Unrefined carbs can be legumes, whole grains, fruits and veggies.

when they "refine" them, they add a lot of sugar AND the carbs are more easily taken up in your body. that is bad.

Carbs come in lots of disguises. I agree that we shouldn't "count carbs" but we need to be aware of where they come from and which carbs are better for you than others.

OK OK OK. I understand that some of you are more well read than others. I dont think its too much of a stretch to say the paleo diet has been linked to EATING MEAT. Its Ok. I dont disagree with that part....but I just want to make sure the LESS informed people understand what the paleo diet is all about. I TOTALLY agree with Glenn about the fruits, veggies, and meat (although I dont espouse the fattier cuts as much). I also agree that processed foods are bad. I only offer that certain whole grains can be included in a "healthy" diet without the insulin spikes. This is well documented in the research.

led90210--i read that article myself and couldn't believe some of the results they were reporting. Lo and behold, a simple google search later and I was right.

What's the consensus on fresh sweet corn from the Garden? Absolutely not? Only in season? I sure like that stuff.

Again, this is as aware as someone eating Paleo need to be. Anything more is you throwing rocks at road signs....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with Glenn about the fruits, veggies, and meat (although I dont espouse the fattier cuts as much).
    Why? I'm not trying to "nitpick" you on this point, but fat (pork fat, beef fat, etc.) is not bad. Not at all, not in any way. You're clinging to some bad science.

We are made of protein and fat. Protein and fat are the things our bodies need for optimal health. We do not need grain. We can get by on grain. We can get by on a lot of things. But there is a difference between getting by and being healthy.

Watch the video. Listen to the part about improved hearth health as fats are increased and carbs are decreased.

There are numerous videos with Gary Taubes and cardio doctors and lipid researchers talking about this stuff. They're not selling a diet. They're selling scientific fact.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU[/ame]