Thread: Last Day...Buddy's First

Default Last Day...Buddy's First

My buddy called me Saturday, and he's been piddling around with turkeys. Just learning and has never killed one. I told him in March to give me a shout, and I'd be glad to try and help him anytime, with what little knowledge I have gained with the help of some knowledgable hunters over the years.

Anyhow, he just said, "I need your help". Haha okay well you'll have to elaborate. He said I'll send you a pic. It was of a big bird strutting at about 100 yards from earlier that morning. Told him I'd see him in the morning and we'd see if we couldn't kill that bird.

Well between me getting a nasty stomach virus, him having to work, and bla bla bla this morning we finally get to go. The Good Lord helped us out with the weather too. We setup on a corner of a little pond, that we thought he was roosted behind, which came to a point in the back of a small field. This field is literally right beside the interstate, which made hearing a challenge.

Heard the bird gobble back behind us about 6:00. Couldn't tell if he was 50 yds or 500 because of the interstate noise. Sounded far off but I wasn't sure. A few, louder than usual tree yelps, and I "thought" he may have cut me off. A couple minutes later I do a fly down cackle and just shut up hoping to hear him on the ground closer soon.

We didn't hear him, but it wasn't long before he quietly rounded the corner about 5 steps from my buddy headed toward our decoys. Caught him off guard trying to get his gun up, but thankfully he smoked him before the bird could escape. I jumped up hollering! I so wanted this fella to kill one, and it couldn't have happened any better. Turkey dead at 6:30 AM
    I already miss Turkey Season. It was a great one for sure! Thank You Lord

Good lord, his beard is long.

Good Work and congrats to your buddy

Great way to end season, good work!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Great job Alex!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Well done!

Freaking Rope
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Good job.
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!