Thread: Guess I wasn't done

Default Guess I wasn't done

I posted a recap of my season yesterday because I knew I had too much to do today to be able to go hunting. I woke up this morning and thought "I have one tag and one day left." Being the responsible adult I am I said the heck with it and went turkey hunting. I figured the worse that could happen is I would lose my job, my wife would divorce me and I would end up broke and homeless but I would know I had made every effort to fill that last tag.
    Got to the woods at 9:30 and started walking and calling. I hadn’t heard a thing by 11:30 so I started back to the truck, reliving my season as I walked along and enjoying the walk. I was walking a road that I have found very little sign on all season when I started seeing gobbler turds everywhere.
    This road is a swamp on one side with a strip of open woods between the road and the water. The other side is a mess of blackberry bushes and blown down trees so whenever I would reach a spot I could get out of the road I would stop and call. When I stopped for the third time and yelped I heard a commotion in the blackberry thicket twenty yards to my left. I was expecting a small deer or hog to come busting out but all of a sudden a redhead popped up. So I shot it.
    Not exactly the classic, call them from the roost hunt, but on the last day, walking to the truck, I will take it. No photo as I only took a call and a gun since I really wasn’t expecting to kill anything. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

a red head popped up. So I shot it.

Turkey poetry at its finest. Nice work.

I did the same thing but went at daylight so I could get to work on time (since I am obviously way more responsible than you). I didnt hear a SINGLE gobble.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I got up at 5, got ready for work, didn't hunt and made breakfast for everybody, lunch for everybody and resented everybody for it, including myself.

Nice bushwhakin'.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    a red head popped up. So I shot it.

Turkey poetry at its finest. Nice work.
    I am, after all, a professional writer.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Bird in hand is better than a bird in the bush
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.