Thread: '99 Scout/Motor question

Default '99 Scout/Motor question

So I have this '99 175 Sportfish CC that needs a motor before I can sell it. I have a 70 but wanted to put the biggest motor I could on it. Of course the right motor at the right price will likely get the nod, but it has Yamaha controls so trying to stay with one of them.

The old motor/weight sticker was faded so Scout quickly sent me another one that was a real metal plate (excellent customer service btw!) The newer models this plate was designed for can handle a 115, but I have a feeling this older model boat was not rated for a motor that big. I asked the girl in the parts department that hooked me up the same question and she replied "likely no." I just wanted to check to see if some of you experts like Scout might be familiar with the hull and know the correct answer. Probably gonna put the 70 on it anyway, but if I can find a 90 for the right price I won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by willyworm; 04-15-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

A 115 today is probably lighter than a 115 of 99, unless you rock 4stroke. usually not much difference between a 90 and 115. Call your insurance company, give em the numbers off the boat, and ask them what is the max HP they will insure on it. You can google the same stuff or let them do the leg work. If you insure there is a max, if yo don't you can hang as big as you feel safe with. Look up weights and stuff if thats the cas
    You can grow up to be just like me....

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

case...
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I was surprised when I went to insure my Xpress that BoatUS didn't ask this question. If they checked on the model apparently it didn't matter to them cause I didn't catch any static when I insured my 16' boat w/ a 60 on it. The hull is only rated for a 50.

Last edited by willyworm; 04-15-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Just give it to me w/ the 70 on it. I won't complain at all. I promise.

I have a 99 175 scout and the max hp is 130.

Gimme $4800 right before we do it and that can happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have 95' 172 with a 130hp. I think it's rated for 130. The 175 is probably the same.

I had a F115 on my 175 Sportfish. I think my boat was an '02.

Sent from GS4 via TapaTalk Pro. Disregard auto-correct errors.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Gimme $4800 right before we do it and that can happen.

Wish I could pull that trigger, but I can't right now. On the other hand, if you need someone to babysit it for you (store it and use it) until it sells, I'm your man.

I'll make ya a deal. You get that motor on there an running you can demo it for a while before I might feel compelled to sell it. Time is a major limiting factor here for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a '97 175 with a 115. max is 130
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

Yes you can put a 115 on that boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Willyworm, my moms neighbor had a Yami f115 he wanted to unload. I'll see if he still has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So I have this '99 175 Sportfish CC that needs a motor before I can sell it.
    Are you trying to maximize your profit or just trying to make a new friend? It is hard for me to believe that you could buy a motor for it and have a ROI on the purchase when you go to sell the boat versus selling as is with a truthful disclosure. If it were me, I would test the market with the boat as is first. Good luck with sale, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Gc, let me know what he says.

MG, good point you make... noted. Gonna think on it over the next few days and see what happens. I could unload this 70 by itself pretty easy I think.

Last edited by willyworm; 04-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got a 90 but it's a Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Wish I could pull that trigger, but I can't right now. On the other hand, if you need someone to babysit it for you (store it and use it) until it sells, I'm your man.
    REALLY ????