Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glenn McConnell

Quote Originally Posted by CUAngler View Post
    Yes. Was talking with some connected CofC alumni this weekend who were not very happy about the selection.
    Well tough sh*t. The good ole' boy system wins again. You and the NAACP lost. Stop whining. McConnell could be a good president....Give him a chance.
    This is SC, dirty politics is the norm. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    There is an excellent reason that there are no military requirements for the office of President.
    I would like to hear them so I could further my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Black River Josh View Post
    This is SC, dirty politics is the norm. Good grief.
    So this is OK for you?

So this is OK for you?
    Not something that I have any control over. I vote and still get crooks. They are not crooks in the beginning but after decades system turns them to the dark side. I got 2 words for you.
    TERM LIMITS
    Your board at CU, which is as political as any, tossed the best football coach ever....ever. Danny Ford.
    I'm not a CU grad. I just liked Ford....he could coach football. I graduated from USC undergrad and grad. I really have no dog in this fight but I do think McConnell deserves a chance.
    I'm sure there were other candidates more qualified but who defines the qualifications? I'll tell you who. The SC Legislature. Either get used to it or run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Black River Josh View Post
    Not something that I have any control over. I vote and still get crooks. They are not crooks in the beginning but after decades system turns them to the dark side. I got 2 words for you.
    TERM LIMITS
    Your board at CU, which is as political as any, tossed the best football coach ever....ever. Danny Ford.
    I'm not a CU grad. I just liked Ford....he could coach football. I graduated from USC undergrad and grad. I really have no dog in this fight but I do think McConnell deserves a chance.
    I'm sure there were other candidates more qualified but who defines the qualifications? I'll tell you who. The SC Legislature. Either get used to it or run for office.
    This in its entirety. You cannot please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Yes. Was talking with some connected CofC alumni this weekend who were not very happy about the selection.
    Could you elaborate on this, connected how, and what age range?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"