Thread: Tess's Berkeley "River" Run

Default Tess's Berkeley "River" Run

I have had this lil man since Father's Day 2013. And let me say, I could not imagine life without him. Once I made the decision to purchase a dog, I knew that I wanted a lab. People told me that I shouldn't purchase a dog because of the amount of hours I work, because I wouldn't have the proper amount of time to train and because I lived alone. I know I am not the best trainer in the world nor do I find my way to a duck blind or bird hunt as nearly I would like, BUT my 10 month old amazes me at his eagerness to learn but yet remaining playful and fun!! Alison at Cedar Swamp Retrievers picked him out for me and I am forever grateful for such a wonderful little companion, friend and working dog!!

My boyfriend and I went to Lake Hartwell this past weekend and River had a blast!! He has only been in belly high water once, so this was his first swim in deep water!! As we were sitting on the dock, I see River out of the corner of my eye from the bank, about 20 feet from the water, just take off at a sprint. He never gave it a second thought and just barreled into the water full speed ahead, swimming around like a happy pig in slop!! So naturally, I go get his bumper and see what he is willing to do. I am one proud momma and feel good that my training is paying off. He excites me everytime I see how excited and eager he is to retrieve. I know he may never receive a title but I am ok with that.......he brings the bumper to my feet and waits for my command and most of all he is my buddy!!

Just a few pictures of him and a video of his swimming for the first time

"Forgive those that insult you, attack you , belittle you or take you for granted....But more than this forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you!"

A great looking dog Carrie. Companionship and love trumps titles, sounds like you have a real winner, congrats!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

gonna have to get one of those printed and hung

Ready to see the pup up close!
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Looks good
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

what set up worked for you while you were at work and had to leave the dog alone for a long time?

Sniper1, I am at work no later than 5a most times have to be here at 4a!! There is a young gentleman, sr in high school, across the street from me!! I went over asked his mom if it was ok if I ask her son to watch River for me!! He agreed to come over at 0730 and 1630 each day I had to work and I paid him $10/day!! Since I got him during the summer months, PJ across the street would check on him about 4 hours for me then once school started for him we switched to the 0730/1630 schedule!! Needless to say, it took River a handful of pee accidents but he got used to it!! He never peed in his kennel at all!!! Hope this helps!!!

"Forgive those that insult you, attack you , belittle you or take you for granted....But more than this forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bride~of~Chucky View Post
    Sniper1, I am at work no later than 5a most times have to be here at 4a!! There is a young gentleman, sr in high school, across the street from me!! I went over asked his mom if it was ok if I ask her son to watch River for me!! He agreed to come over at 0730 and 1630 each day I had to work and I paid him $10/day!! Since I got him during the summer months, PJ across the street would check on him about 4 hours for me then once school started for him we switched to the 0730/1630 schedule!! Needless to say, it took River a handful of pee accidents but he got used to it!! He never peed in his kennel at all!!! Hope this helps!!!
    Nice to have someone to do that. My neighbor works from home and he did the same for USA with our lab.

He's looking good! Got to see his littermate Doc this weekend. When you get a day off, come go training with Adam, i'll tag along and watch
    www.cedarswampretrievers.com
    Labrador Retriever Puppies and Retriever Training
    Standing at stud:
    Cedar Swamp's Born to Boogie QAA (yellow)
    Young's Trump Card at Cedar Swamp QAA (black carries chocolate)
    Some of the "ladies":
    Cedar Swamp's Linden JH
    Cedar Swamp's Holy Terror SH