Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Cat Rising

I shared the poll with several members of committee including the chair.

It should fly through house.

One senator could kill it. Hint Hint.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The ownner of Blacks testified one commercial trotliner was taking out thousands of pounds of cats per day with 2000 hooks. Said the dudes axil on his boat trailer broke last night he had so many.

Scducks needs a lobbyist.

You rang?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The ownner of Blacks testified one commercial trotliner was taking out thousands of pounds of cats per day with 2000 hooks. Said the dudes axil on his boat trailer broke last night he had so many.
    My first job was cutting fish on the little river fish docks. I was 12.

I don't clean as many fish as I used to, but, I am fairly quick and efficient with a blade.

There is no physical way one man can cut 2k fish per day. Let alone run that many hooks.

I cut 400 lbs of catfish once and don't want anymore of it.

I ain't saying the owner of black's is telling a story, but he's probably been telling his old lady that he's been giving her a full 12"'s.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Hey stop speaking in politition code and tell us honest people how to stop this from happening. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Better yet, why would a catfishermam from NC come to santee anymore, when they are catching 30-100lbers out of Buggs Island, and they got 50 lb stripers? Also home of great bass, crappie, and panfishing.....One of my comparison lakes to this damn catfish argument......
    They host the blue cat as a sporty game fish.

Yep, I agree that Santee doesn't have the appeal it once had. The Guides/landings around the lake are suffering and think this may hold them for a while. It won't.

All the landings built by Santee and the DNR have killed their business. Why pay 5 bucks when you can launch at a better landing for free. The exception being a few scattered around the lake.

Clarendon County is as much to blame as anyone on this side of the lakes. Why pay $2800 tax for a piece of property that the tax bill would be $800.00 in any other county that manages it's funds properly. School Bond Tax, Water bond tax, road tax/any every other debt that county can drum up gets shoved right down the out of towners throat.

I've owned property in that sorry ass county and never will again. I will use the lake, but Clarendon County can shove it.

I'm not sure about the Orangeburg/Berkley County side, but that's the way it is on this side.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-18-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Is this going to be per boat or per person? Will a commercial license have a different reading?
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

simple interest strikes again. the guy at blacks has a hard on for commercial guys. He doesn't mind taking their money for what he sells i bet.
    easy livin'

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Claimer View Post
    simple interest strikes again. the guy at blacks has a hard on for commercial guys. He doesn't mind taking their money for what he sells i bet.
    The "guy at blacks" gets his money from the string of boats lined up paying to keep their guide boats there. The guides don't wanna look for fish, they wanna find em where they always have. All he gets from the commercial guys and bowfisherman is a ramp fee. Ive heard of how he feels about bowfisherman and he will not get another dollar of mine. Clearly, a guide a a pic of someone with a dick in someones ass the way we look after them.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I love all this, sticking a Band-Aid on a Band-Aid on a Band-Aid on these Santee Cooper lakes. From the ducks to grass to the stripers and now catfish. Obviously the people in charge don't know what the fuck is going on.

I shared the poll with several members of committee including the chair.

It should fly through house.

One senator could kill it. Hint Hint.
    I thought this was plain enough. Get a senator to block it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRASHDUCK View Post
    I love all this, sticking a Band-Aid on a Band-Aid on a Band-Aid on these Santee Cooper lakes. From the ducks to grass to the stripers and now catfish. Obviously the people in charge don't know what the fuck is going on.
    Well said
    easy livin'

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

They are not trying to manage what used to be an excellent fishery. They are, for some reason not known to me, trying to keep a handful of bottom fishing guides and a few of their cousins that run boat ramps happy and running with their ideas which make absolutely no sense in the world. Save catfish, fill with destructive carp that destroy beds/eggs of "good fish", kill grass....those are all winning ideas
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Santee sucks

Does anyone know where this mystery lake is that they are transporting Santee cat to?

Name of the commercial trot liner?

Supposedly out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Scducks needs a lobbyist.
    Good ones aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    They are not trying to manage what used to be an excellent fishery. They are, for some reason not known to me, trying to keep a handful of bottom fishing guides and a few of their cousins that run boat ramps happy and running with their ideas which make absolutely no sense in the world. Save catfish, fill with destructive carp that destroy beds/eggs of "good fish", kill grass....those are all winning ideas
    Her is your answer to "save a catfish". Catfish is by far the most important fish as far as economic impact is concerned. Catfish bring about $8,000,000 to our area, money is not just for guides and landings.

Does anyone know where this mystery lake is that they are transporting Santee cat to?

Name of the commercial trot liner?

Supposedly out of state.
    I was told most of the fish are sold in other states.

It is interesting how many people will bash what others have done, but when it is time to speak up or take action during the discussions, nobody will be there.

For those who really care, do a little research and find out when these PUBLIC meeting are happening, and GO to them. Do your homework first and voice your opinion. Talk to your representative, talk to biologist at DNR, talk to santee cooper....these guys/gals will answer your questions. But be prepared with real facts, not what cousin Bill says.

Most of the time you can find out when/where these meeting are just by looking on here. But just like the plant management meetings, not many scduckers attended. Normally the loudest voices are heard and their issues are the ones that get the attention. Getting on a chat room, after the fact, does zero good.
    Last edited by FHF; 02-19-2014 at 11:11 AM.