Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 10 cat limit

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Conservative state.

That'n makes me laugh.
    Amen!

To much gubment. We need to cut out at least 1/4 of the list but it ain't that easy. Loss of jobs, etc. Damned if we do and Damed if we don't. Next couple generations gonna have it tough. Just my .02
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    As always the House blames the Senate and vice versa. Meanwhile the state's infrastructure continues to deteriorate while neighboring states surpass us. Well accept in the number of highways deaths per millions driven.

On the bright side catfish should be a much simpler and cheaper fix.
    You know about as much about SC government as you do picking the past 5 USC Clemson games.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    You know about as much about SC government as you do picking the past 5 USC Clemson games.
    I don't even know why you try to get any input on this site...sifting through the bullshit has to get old..good on you for trying

Roads are bad in SC. One of the true function of government is maintaining roads. When the roads are not adequate a politican will say the citizens don't understand, it's the other party fault or the other branches fault not that government is failing.

I do agree it is good you seek input here on fish and wildlife issues. I realize that's the way its done in SC but seems like an issue that should be delegated while the GA work on major state issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Roads are bad in SC. One of the true function of government is maintaining roads. When the roads are not adequate a politican will say the citizens don't understand, it's the other party fault or the other branches fault not that government is failing.

I do agree it is good you seek input here on fish and wildlife issues. I realize that's the way its done in SC but seems like an issue that should be delegated while the GA work on major state issues.
    Let me splain SC government.

The House is a conservative body. We rule by our powerful committee chairmen. If they want a bill to make it through the committee, it does. The house floor is a majority vote.

The Senate is a liberal body. While it has a republican majority, it is ruled from the middle. About 14 are conservative. If one senator objects to a bill it does not get heard unless it rises to the level of importance to get set for special order to even get discussed.

At the end of the last two year session the house dispensed with every bill that had made it out of committee on time. The senate finished with 85 pages of bills equaling 250 or so that had passed through committees but were not getting a vote because one or more senators stopped the bill.

Since I arrived in 2006, the house has passed bills that would dedicate current budget dollars to transportation without a tax increase. We call it prioritizing.

The senate finance chair has blocked every attempt by the house to fund roads unless it raises taxes to do it.

Last year we reached a compromise that allowed 500 million in bonds for one time money to DOT. I did not like it. Why borrow when we should prioritize and fund the essentials of government.

What is equally frustrating is the medicaid mandates. In about 15 years it has grown from 31% of the budget. The closest budget to that is one half the size at 16%. K-12 education. Medicaid expenses increased during the recession as poverty rose. It is now robbing most of the new revenue from the modestly improving economy by federal mandates that require funding before we take care of the core government functions.

While the house has issues, our state senate is the biggest problem next to an overreaching federal government.

DT, you're a politician. I know a couple of people that I thought were pretty good humans before they went into politics. Now, not so much. It's not you, it's the system. The system sucks, and it pisses me off.

I don't know you, but what I've seen you do on this site is, IMO, start threads about issues that the general membership are and should be concerned about. For that, I'm appreciative, but I'm also cynical, and I think when it comes down to brass tacks, it's just for show and you're gonna go vote just the way you and the rest of your good ole boy buddies decided to vote over lunch at takosushi when the idea of it came up 6 months ago. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but that's the way I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

So you have prejudged me because I chose to get involved instead of whining on the internet.

Maybe you should know more about me. Physical therapist, developer, apartment rentals, Baptist, wife and 5 kids, resident of Florence and live on a lake.

While waterfowl hunting is my favorite I enjoy nearly every kind of hunting and fishing including salt and fresh, scuba,spearing, archery, offshore, inshore, marlin to mangrove snapper, wildlife management, land ownership, leases, deer, quail, dove, rabbit, squirrel, turkey, pheasant, grouse, Hungarian Partridges, travel to other states and countries, boat, sail, house at Lake Marion for 43 years, DNR Board, Chaired Wildlife and Freshwater fisheries committee, Lake Marion Aquatic management Board, DU Life Sponsor, DU State Committee, DU Area chair and district chair, Wildlife Action, SCWA in the early years, Founding Pres of Flyway Foundation, operate a dozier, pan, track hoe, dug and repaired dikes, owned and operated tractors, farmed for crops and wildlife, ...

Over that amount of time I have learned a lot and formed many an opinion. My experiences have shaped my opinions but I want to hear yours and biologist. You may chose to bust my chops because of a hatred for government. If you do you just lower the value of your opinion.

I stopped on Page 6.

It's an invasive species. Period. There should be no limit on it. Period. To get into a game of "pick and choose" on which invasive species you choose to protect, for a dollar, is a slippery slope. Where does it stop? Hogs, coyotes, hydrilla, flathead cats, blue cats, cormorants, snakehead fish.... Be consistent and don't pervert the system by legitimizing something for commercial reasons.

There are more commercially viable reasons to allow the return of hydrilla to the lakes than there are for regulating blue catfish.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I stopped on Page 6.

It's an invasive species. Period. There should be no limit on it. Period. To get into a game of "pick and choose" on which invasive species you choose to protect, for a dollar, is a slippery slope. Where does it stop? Hogs, coyotes, hydrilla, flathead cats, blue cats, cormorants, snakehead fish.... Be consistent and don't pervert the system by legitimizing something for commercial reasons.

There are more commercially viable reasons to allow the return of hydrilla to the lakes than there are for regulating blue catfish.
    I'm with big bog
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

cormorants are not invasive from what I gather. Just a pain in the ass
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I mean swamp rat

I stopped on Page 6.

This may be the post of the year.

Well said DC, well said indeed.

And I see what you did there Art.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    This may be the post of the year.

Well said DC, well said indeed.

And I see what you did there Art.
    Rofl

Hey, how'd you change your screen name? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I stopped on Page 6.

:Golf Clap:
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton