Thread: fish finder

Default fish finder

I'm looking for the best fish finder for under $150. It won't be used much just looking for the best for that price. Thoughts?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171220606074 spend the extra 25 bucks. You get DSI gps/chart plotter combo

I have zero experience with fish finders this will be used only at the lake. I don't need anything really fancy I'm just wanting to try crappie fishing for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by mearle4 View Post
    I have zero experience with fish finders this will be used only at the lake. I don't need anything really fancy I'm just wanting to try crappie fishing for a change.

Well then listen to Waldo.

1. you need a depth finder to identify the fish you are looking for(crappie in your case)

2. Once you find them, you will want to go back to that same spot. That's where the GPS feature will come in.

Don't stab yourself in the back over $25. Get down scan imaging and GPS features.

Moneys not the issue I just didn't want to spend a lot on something I rarely use. Thanks for the guidance though I will surely look into it